MacTech Group Agenda
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
2:30 to 4:30 pm
Room B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
1) Announcements – 5 min
- OIT will support only version 10.4.11 or newer of Mac OS X after Dec 31, 2009
- OIT does not have a support policy for Boot Camp.
- OIT does not support Classic mode all.
- MacOS AMP Licenses and Media at www.ncsu.edu/software/available-software/product.php?software=106
- VirusBarrior X5 – www.ncsu.edu/it/antivirus. Update filters with NetUpdate.
- OIT Macintosh Support Web Site go.ncsu.edu/mac for updates.
- Unity Macintosh Kit uses /Users/$uid$ in the Active Directory configuration to create a local home on each machine at login
- Modified Unity Macintosh Kits are supported by the unit which has made the modifications.
- Only Apple, Intel (i386) hardware are supported for Unity Macintosh kits.
- Everette and Hal attending WWDC 2010 June 6-12, 2010 http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/
- June MacTech meeting is moved to June 15, 2010 in Hillsborough B16-B due to WWDC
- No MacTech or MacPolicy July 2010.
- Outages May 16, 2010 due to campus power outage, keyshadows, quicktime streaming, imaging server, and podcast.ncsu.edu
2) New MacBook Pro Hardware – 30 min.
New hardware specs for MacBook Pro. What to know and look out for. Discussion.
3) GSX Update – 15 min.
Both the GSX Lite and production GSX sites are in place at gsx.apple.com. 6 staff are in the GSX Lite for training and certification preparation. To my knowledge only 2 folks on campus are certified. More certified techs are needed to get price breaks for AppleCare into Marketplace. Who is interested, who needs GSX Lite access and who is training now? Discussion.
4) Overview of Casper Imaging – 60 min.
Demo of JAMF Software’s Casper Imaging Suite. Discussion on federated management and a plan for cooperative afp file shares for scoping of installs.
5) Q&A – 5 min.
You ask we try to answer.
Next meeting – Tue. June 15, 2010 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 2:30-4:30 pm.
MacTech – 2nd Tuesday each month: 2009: Jan 19, Feb 19, Mar 9, Apr 13, May 11, *Jun 15, Aug 10, Sep 14, Oct 12, Nov 9, Dec 14
MacPolicy – 2nd Tuesday of every other month: 2009: Jan. 19, Mar. 9, May. 11, Aug 10, Sep. 14, Nov. 9.
Neither MacPolicy or MacTech will meet in July 2010.
All meetings will be held in B16-B Hillsborough Bld unless otherwise announced.
Please mark your calendar.