MacPolicy Group Agenda
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
1:30 to 2:30 — Room B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
1) Announcements – 5 min
- OIT will support only version 10.5.8 or newer of Mac OS X after Dec 31, 2011
- Apple Education Support Line 800-800-2775 use this number only. Always verify Apple Care Coverage with purchase info.
- OIT does not have a support policy for Boot Camp & OIT does not support Classic mode at all.
- Mac Collection Licenses and Media info at www.ncsu.edu/software/available-software/product.php?software=106
- Trend Micro Office Scan for Macintosh – www.ncsu.edu/it/antivirus. Managed antivirus for campus.
- OIT Macintosh Support Web Site go.ncsu.edu/mac for updates.
- Unity Macintosh Kit uses /Users/$uid$ in the Active Directory configuration to create a local home on each machine at login
- Modified Unity Macintosh Kits are supported by the unit which has made the modifications.
- OIT supports only Apple, Intel (i386) hardware for Mac OS and software. Only unmodified iOS is supported.
- Please remember to check prices at www.apple.com/education/pricelists/ to verify best price with NC State Marketplace
- Anyone wanting to get access to training and tools for Apple Certified Technician should register at gsx.apple.com Email Everette_Allen@ncsu.edu for Sold-to Account number and approval.
- UNC Combined Pricing Initiative (CPI)
- Casper Suite Server Beta
- NC Casper User’s Group – go.ncsu.edu/nccug
2) Casper Suite Update – 10 min
OIT is using Casper Suite to deliver Fall 2011 software set. Anyone needing a custom image can contact Everette_Allen@ncsu.edu.
The fall software set will be based on 10.6.8 v1.1.
3) OS X Volume purchase changes – 5 min.
Volume purchase for OS X is different from the VLA we have on campus. Volume purchase is available in NCSU Marketplace but there have been issues working with the B2B systems which both Apple and NC State are aware. If licenses are needed please contact Bill_Coker@ncsu.edu instead of going it alone. Discussion.
4) iOS and OS X App Store Purchase Process progress – 5 min.
OIT is involved with a campus Mobile Device working group which has asked OIT S&C to meet with Campus Audit and Purchashing to establish guidelines on how to purchase app for app stores. That working group has a goal of October 30, 2011 to have recommendations on the guidelines. Discussion.
5) OS X Software Set for Fall 2011 – 15 min.
Available via Casper. See: oit.ncsu.edu/macintosh/unity-macintosh-lab-software-fall-2011-08052011 Discussion.
6) Q&A – 5 min.
You ask we try to answer.
Next meeting – Tue. Sep 13, 2011 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 1:30-2:30 pm.
MacTech – 2nd Tuesday each month: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
MacPolicy – 2nd Tuesday of every other month: Jan Mar, May, Aug, Sep, Nov.
Neither MacPolicy or MacTech will meet in July 2011.
All meetings will be held in B16-B Hillsborough Bld unless otherwise announced.
Please mark your calendar.