HR 9.1 and SIS 9.0 upgrades begin Sept. 26
On Monday, Oct. 1, the campus community will see a new, improved Human Resources (HR) System as well as a new Student Information System (SIS). Both are being upgraded to maintain vendor support.
- Human Resources and OIT Enterprise Application Systems (EAS) will upgrade the current HR system to version 9.1, which will provide a new workflow-driven employee hiring process. New self-service features will include multiple account options for direct deposit of paychecks and paycheck statement printing enhancements. Details on these and other new features as well as help and training information can be found in the Special 9.1 Upgrade Edition of HR News & Helpful Hints. For questions, visit 9.1 Upgrade – Frequently Asked Questions.
Student Information System
- At the same time, Registration and Records, the Graduate School and OIT EAS will also be upgrading SIS to version 9.0 . The upgrade includes enhanced enrollment features that streamline the registration process and an advisor dashboard. In addition, OIT is partnering with the College of Engineering Web Development Team and other campus IT units to provide mobile support for some SIS functions, such as class schedule and grade tracking. For more upgrade details, visit the SIS Upgrade: What does this mean for me? website.
HR 9.1 and SIS 9.0 upgrade schedule
The upgrade schedule is as follows:
- 5 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 26: Access to the HR 9.0 Production System is removed.
- 5 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 26: HR 9.0 Reporting System remains active.
- 5 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 26: Access to SIS 8.9 is read-only. Transactions will not be processed.
- Midnight (approximately), Friday, Sept. 28: SIS 8.9 read-only access ends.
- Midnight (approximately), Sunday, Sept. 30: HR 9.0 Reporting System access ends.
- 7 a.m. (target) Monday, Oct. 1: HR 9.1 System and SIS 9.0 production systems are up.
- Security Access Request (SAR) has been modified to accommodate the changes in the HR and SIS systems. SAR provides security access to both systems for campus users. All SAR requests for the HR and Student systems must be approved by 2 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 26. No new requests for those applications can be entered until Monday, Oct. 1.