To kick off Cyber Security Awareness Month, security expert Tim Gurganus of OIT Security and Compliance will present “How to Take Control of Your Digital Life” on Friday, Oct. 4 from noon to 1 p.m. in the Washington Sankofa Room (Room 126) of the Witherspoon Student Center. Come to this presentation to learn how today’s cyber predators are targeting you and how to defend yourself. Gurganus will show you:
- new privacy and security features of programs like Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Java; and Web apps like Gmail and Facebook
- how to recognize and avoid cyber attacks
- how to make your smartphone, computer or laptop more secure
- how to avoid trouble in your inbox and while using search engines
- tips to protect your privacy and the confidentiality of your data.
Lunch will be provided, and you will have an opportunity to win door prizes. To register, visit Classmate.
There will be various Cyber Security activities offered throughout the month of October. For more information, visit the Cyber Security Awareness Month website.