Upcoming Google Apps @ NC State workshops include:
- Google Calendar will be offered on Tuesday, Aug. 18 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. If you’re comfortable with the basics of Google Calendar and are ready to use more of its features, this hands-on workshop is for you. This workshop will focus on appointment slots, event attachments, maps and directions, sharing and embedding calendars, labs, quick add, search options, mobile notifications, scheduling online meetings, and more. For prerequisite information and to register, visit Classmate.
- Gmail Top 10 will be offered on Thursday, Aug. 20 from noon to 1 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Learn OIT trainers’ favorite Gmail tips, features and best practices. If you don’t have time to attend a full-length training session this summer or you’re just interested in learning new ways to utilize Gmail, then register for this action-packed workshop via Classmate.
- Create and Collaborate with Google Drive will be offered on Tuesday, Aug. 25 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. In this hands-on workshop, you will learn everything you need to know to get started using Google Docs/Drive at NC State. You will learn how to use Drive in a collaborative environment, including editing a file simultaneously with other people, securing a document through file sharing permissions, and creating files for use by a group of colleagues or friends. For this workshop, you will need to have an active NC State University Unity account with access to Google Apps at NC State. If you would prefer using your own laptop or other mobile device, feel free to bring it. To register, visit Classmate.
- Introduction to Google Services will be offered on Wednesday, Aug. 26 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This workshop is intended to be the foundation for all other Google Apps workshops. This session will provide an overview of Google Services at NC State. Topics will include a review of currently available Google Apps on campus, accessibility, recommended settings, security tips, support, Web Registry tools (e.g., generic accounts, calendar resources), and much more! To register visit Classmate.
- Gmail: Advanced – Plus Tools, Tips & Tricks will be offered on Thursday, Aug. 27 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. If you’re comfortable with the basics of Gmail and are ready to take it to the next level, this more advanced hands-on workshop is for you. You will learn more about creating labels, filters and canned responses, scheduling Google Calendar Events, and using Google Drive through Gmail, along with any planned or newly released Google features. To register, visit Classmate.
For other available training sessions, visit Classmate Scheduled Workshops. If you are interested in custom software training, complete the Custom Training Form. Email all training questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.