Upcoming workshops include:
- Gmail: Advanced Plus Tools, Tips & Tricks will be offered on Wednesday, Oct. 21 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. In this workshop, you will learn more about creating labels, filters and canned responses, scheduling Google Calendar Events, and using Google Drive through Gmail, along with any planned or newly released Google features. To register, visit Classmate.
- Google Calendar will be offered on Thursday, Oct. 22 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. If you’re comfortable with the basics of Google Calendar and are ready to use more of its features, this hands-on workshop is for you. This workshop will focus on appointment slots, event attachments, maps and directions, sharing and embedding calendars, labs, quick add, search options, mobile notifications, scheduling online meetings, and more. To register, visit Classmate.
- Create and Collaborate with Google Drive will be offered on Tuesday, Oct. 27 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in ITTC Lab 2 of D.H. Hill Library. In this hands-on workshop, you will learn how to use Drive in a collaborative environment, including editing a file simultaneously with other people, securing a document through file sharing permissions, and creating files for use by a group of colleagues or friends. For this workshop, you will need to have an active NC State University Unity account with access to Google Apps at NC State. If you would prefer using your own laptop or other mobile device, feel free to bring it. To register, visit Classmate.
- Introduction to Google Services will be offered on Wednesday, Oct. 28 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This workshop is intended to be the foundation for all other Google Apps workshops and will provide an overview of Google Services at NC State. Topics will include a review of currently available Google apps on campus, accessibility, recommended settings, security tips, support, Web Registry tools (e.g., generic accounts and calendar resources), searching, and much more! To register, visit Classmate.
- Become a Good Searcher will be offered online on Tuesday, Nov. 3 from noon to 1 p.m. The number one complaint from Google Apps users is “I can’t find it!” (e.g., mail, document and file). Join this Hangout On Air session to learn how to use Google search functions to find things faster and easier. Visit the Google Apps @ NC State Google+ event page to register for this webinar and to add this event to your calendar.
- Gmail: Beyond the Basics will be offered on Wednesday, Nov. 4 from 9 a.m. to noon in ITTC Lab 2 of D.H. Hill Library. This workshop will provide an in-depth overview of Gmail features, including Labels, Search tools, Contacts management, Chat, Tasks, Settings, Labs, and new features. If time permits, there will be a brief introduction to Google Hangouts. To register, visit Classmate.
- Google Drawings will be offered on Thursday, Nov. 5 from noon to 1 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. In this fun and interactive Lunch & Learn event, you’ll find out how easy it is to create, share and edit your own diagram, chart or image! Google Drawings can be inserted in other Google Apps like Docs, Sheets and Slides. To register, visit Classmate.
- Google Slides will be offered on Wednesday, Nov. 11 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in ITTC Lab 2 of D.H. Hill Library. Learn how to create your own presentations using Google Slides. This session will focus on creating, editing, sharing and collaboration, themes, transitions, animations, and more! To register, visit Classmate.
- Introduction to Google Sites will be offered on Thursday, Nov. 12 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. In this class, students will learn how to create a website using Google Sites, control access, and embed Docs, videos, images, and links. The workshop will also cover some customization and basic Web design principles. To register, visit Classmate.
For other available training sessions, visit Classmate Scheduled Workshops. If you are interested in custom software training, complete the Custom Training Form. Email all training questions to email@example.com.