Updated March 2: Please see SysNews post for the latest updates.
OIT will perform extended maintenance affecting multiple core components of the campus primary data centers from 6 a.m. Saturday, March 5 to 6 p.m. Sunday, March 6.
OIT services with dependencies on Data Center 1 (DC1) or Data Center 2 (DC2) may be degraded or unavailable for extended periods during the maintenance window. Services expected to be offline for the majority of the maintenance window include, but are not limited to:
- MyPack Portal
- Other Human Resources, Financial and Student systems
- OIT backup services
- Virtual Computing Lab (VCL) services
- WolfPrint services
- Authenticated SMTP to smtp.ncsu.edu (See IMAP Settings for more information.)
- No new accounts will be created on Saturday, March 5.
Services that may experience intermittent periods of unavailability or slow performance during the maintenance window include, but are not limited to:
- Shibboleth (which will affect access to sites using Shibboleth for authentication)
- www.ncsu.edu (the main university website)
- High Performance Computing (HPC) cluster (including access to storage from HPC nodes)
- AFS hosted sites
- cPanel, Hosted WordPress and WordPress blogs
- LDAP (no updated data until maintenance has been completed)
- OIT hosted systems
- Networked Attached Storage (NAS) shares and exports
For more information, please contact the NC State Help Desk at email@example.com or 919.515.HELP(4357).