Upcoming workshops include:
- Gmail: Advanced Productivity will be offered on Tuesday, July 19 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Building on Gmail: More than your Inbox, this advanced hands-on workshop takes Gmail to the next level. You will learn more about labels, filters, canned responses, Hangouts, scheduling Google Calendar Events, and using Google Drive through Gmail, along with any planned or newly released features. To register, visit Classmate.
- Intro to Web Registry will be offered on Wednesday, July 20 from noon to 1 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Are you interested in creating a generic Google Account, Google Group or Google Calendar Resource? This Lunch and Learn session will offer an overview of NC State’s Web Registry tool and provide detailed instructions to help you request new services. You also will learn how these services can improve and streamline your business processes. To register, visit Classmate.
- Create, Collaborate and Get Organized with Google Drive will be offered on Tuesday, July 21 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. In this hands-on workshop, you will learn how to use Drive in a collaborative environment, including editing a file simultaneously with other people, securing a document through file sharing permissions, and creating files for use by a group of colleagues or friends. For this workshop, you will need to have an active NC State University Unity account with access to Google Apps at NC State. To register, visit Classmate.
- Google Forms: Data Collection and Analysis will be offered on Wednesday, July 27 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. In this workshop, we’ll cover the basics of creating forms, collaborative editing, viewing data in spreadsheets and charts, and also will highlight several advanced features such as custom themes, page breaks, question validation, and embedding forms in websites. To register, visit Classmate.
- What’s Your Cybersecurity IQ? will be offered on Thursday, July 28 from noon to 1 p.m. as an online webinar. In this Hangout on Air, you’ll learn tips to create better passwords, add layers of security to your accounts, avoid phishing attacks, and more! Visit the Google+ event page to sign-up. To automatically add this Lunch and Learn event to your calendar, click on the Yes button under the question, Are You Going to Watch? To register, visit Classmate.
- Introduction to Google Services at NC State will be offered Wednesday, Aug. 3 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This workshop is intended to be the foundation for all other Google Apps workshops. This session will provide an overview of Google Services at NC State. Topics will include a review of currently available Google apps on campus, accessibility, recommended settings, security tips, support, Web Registry tools (e.g., generic accounts, calendar resources), searching, and much more! To register, visit Classmate.
- Gmail: More than Your Inbox will be offered Tuesday, Aug. 9 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. There is more to Gmail than just composing, replying to, and forwarding messages. This workshop will provide an in-depth overview of Gmail features including an emphasis on labels and search tools, contacts management, chat, tasks, settings, labs, and new features. A reference including many additional helpful resources will also be provided. To register, visit Classmate.
- Mobile Security for iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch) will be offered Thursday, Aug. 11 from noon to 1 p.m. in Room 106 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Come out to this Lunch and Learn event and master how to use a screen lock passcodes, encrypt and backup data, locate your device if it’s lost, scan your device for malware, and much more. To register, visit Classmate.
- Google Calendar: Advanced Productivity will be offered on Wednesday, Aug. 17 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This workshop will focus on Calendar (e.g., my calendar, other calendars, mini calendar), event details and calendar management. Specific features will include event attachments, maps and directions, labs, quick add, search options, mobile notifications, Hangouts (video conferencing), and more. To register, visit Classmate.
For other available training sessions, visit Classmate Scheduled Workshops. If you are interested in custom software training, complete the Custom Training Form. Email all training questions to email@example.com.