MacPolicy Group Agenda
Tuesday, November 8, 2016
1:30 to 2:30 — Room B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
1) Announcements – 5 min
- OIT only supports OS X10.9.5-10.11.6 and macOS 10.12 or newer
- Status page for jamfcloud.com services see http://status.jamfsoftware.com
- OIT Macintosh Support Web Site go.ncsu.edu/mac for updates.
- Slack group ncstateit.slack.com #macintosh
- Apple Sales Rep: Paul Petrogeorgeemail@example.com & System Eng: Francis Shepherdfirstname.lastname@example.org
- macOS and OS X versions that shipped with Intel Hardware: support.apple.com/kb/HT1159
- Vintage and Obsolete Apple Products: support.apple.com/kb/HT1752?viewlocale=en_US
- Apple Education Support Line 800-800-2775 use this number only. Always verify Apple Care Coverage with purchase info.
- Kaspersky Endpoint Protection for Macintosh – www.ncsu.edu/it/antivirus. Antivirus for campus.
- Unity Macintosh Workflow uses Active Directory configuration with local home directory at /Users/$uid$
- OIT supports only Apple, Intel (i386) hardware for Mac OS and software. Only unmodified iOS is supported.
- Please remember to check prices at www.apple.com/education/pricelists/ to verify best price with NC State Marketplace
- Authorized NC State personnel wanting to get access to training and tools for Apple Certified Technician should register at gsx.apple.com Email Everette_Allen@ncsu.edu for Sold-to Account number and approval. Must login monthly to keep!!
- UNC Combined Pricing Initiative (CPI) https://its.uncg.edu/Technology_Purchases/CPI/
- Slack channel ncstateit.slack.com#macintosh
- Casper Suite Enterprise service https://nc.jamfcloud.com/ and go.ncsu.edu/casperinfo for details
2) Nov CPP Apple bulk buy- 5 min
3) Software Needs for Spring 2017- 15 min
Round the room for needs. What software will need packaging. Other needs for profiles, etc? Discussion
4) Apple School/DEP/VPP update- 15 min
We have isolated the 2 VPP accounts that can not move to Apple School. The ~17 others will move automatically. Waiting for Apple to mature Apple School Manger before moving. Hope to move by Feb 15, 2017 for basic access just like we have now. Will evaluate additional functions during Sp 2017. Discussion
5) Q&A – 15 min
You ask we try to answer
MacTech – Tue. Dec 13, 2016 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 2:30-4:30 pm.
MacTech – 2nd Tuesday each month: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
MacPolicy – 2nd Tuesday each quarter in Feb, May, Sep, Nov.
Neither MacPolicy or MacTech will not meet in July. Meetings usually held in B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
Please mark your calendar.