Upcoming workshops include:
- Google Calendar: Advanced Productivity will be offered Wednesday, Nov. 16 and Dec. 21 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. If you’re comfortable with the basics of Google Calendar and are ready to use some more of its features, this hands-on workshop is for you. This workshop will focus on calendar sections (my calendar, other calendars, mini calendar), event details and calendar management. Specific features will include event attachments, maps and directions, sharing and embedding calendars, labs, quick add, search options, mobile notifications, and scheduling Hangouts (video conferencing). To register, visit Classmate.
- Benefits of 2-Step Verification will be offered Wednesday, Nov. 16 from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Register for this one-hour session to learn how this security feature can protect your account from phishing attacks and get detailed instructions on how to enable this tool. To register, visit Classmate.
- Create, Collaborate & Get Organized with Google Drive will be offered Thursday, Nov. 17 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Google Drive is the backbone of your Google experience, combining storage, access, sharing, and collaboration with the power of Google Apps. During this hands-on workshop, you will learn how to use Drive to manage your resources in a collaborative environment. Topics will include organizing files and folders, securing documents through file sharing permissions, group editing and collaboration, and common Google Apps tools. To register, visit Classmate.
- Gmail: Advanced Productivity will be offered Tuesday, Nov. 22 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Building on Gmail: More than your Inbox, this advanced hands-on workshop takes Gmail to the next level. You will learn more about labels, filters, canned responses, scheduling Google Calendar Events, Hangouts, and using Google Drive through Gmail, along with any planned or newly released features. To register, visit Classmate.
- Gmail: More than Your Inbox will be offered Tuesday, Dec. 6 from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. There is more to Gmail than just composing, replying to and forwarding messages. This workshop will provide an in-depth overview of Gmail features, including an emphasis on labels and search tools, contacts management, chat, tasks, settings, labs, and new features. A reference including many additional helpful resources will also be provided. To register, visit Classmate.
- Google Forms: Data Collection and Analysis will be offered Thursday, Dec. 8 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Easily build surveys, plan events and gather data with Google Forms. This workshop will cover the basics of creating forms, collaborative editing and viewing data in spreadsheets and charts. It also will highlight several advanced features, including custom themes, page breaks, question validation, and embedding forms in websites. To register, visit Classmate.
- Intermediate WordPress: Content Management will be offered Tuesday, Dec. 13 from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. You’ve learned the Basics of WordPress, but now what? How do you take all of your ideas and communicate them effectively on the Web? In this workshop, you will learn effective information architecture, the difference between good content and bad content, and how to ensure your website is accessible to users with disabilities. For workshop prerequisites and to register, visit Classmate.
- Scheduling a YouTube Live Event (formerly Google Hangout on Air) will be offered Thursday, Dec. 15 from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Are you interested in broadcasting a presentation, meeting or Web event to a large audience? Register for this session to learn how to organize a YouTube Live event, manage event tools to enhance the viewer’s experience, and best practices when conducting a session. To register, visit Classmate.
- Introduction to Lucidchart Diagrams and Lucidpress at NC State (YouTube Live) will be offered online Tuesday, Dec. 13 from noon to 1 p.m. Did you know you can make fast and professional flowcharts, organization charts, brochures, flyers, and reports inside Google Apps? Provided free at NC State, Lucidchart Diagrams and Lucidpress extensions combine an easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface with the power of Google Apps collaboration, editing, and sharing. This online session will provide an overview of how to use Lucidchart Diagrams and Lucidpress to get your ideas flowing and how you can make them work for you. To view this online event, visit YouTube on the scheduled day and time and watch from the comfort of your own computer.
- Advanced Drive will be offered Tuesday, Dec. 20 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Are you comfortable creating folders, sharing documents and using Drive’s basic organization tools? If you can answer “yes” to these questions, then you’re ready to take Drive to the next level. Come to this advanced workshop to learn about file management, uploading, exporting and converting documents, advanced searching, installing apps, and newly added functionality. To register, visit Classmate.
For other available training sessions, visit Classmate Scheduled Workshops. If you are interested in custom software training, complete the Custom Training Form. Email all training questions to email@example.com.