MacTech Group Agenda
Tuesday, January 10, 2017
2:30 to 4:30 — Room B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
1) Announcements – 5 min
- OIT only supports OS X 10.11.6 and macOS 10.12 or newer
- Status page for jamfcloud.com services see http://status.jamfsoftware.com
- OIT Macintosh Support Web Site go.ncsu.edu/mac for updates.
- Slack group ncstateit.slack.com #macintosh
- Apple Sales Rep: Paul Petrogeorgefirstname.lastname@example.org & System Eng: Francis Shepherdemail@example.com
- macOS and OS X versions that shipped with Intel Hardware: support.apple.com/kb/HT1159
- Vintage and Obsolete Apple Products: support.apple.com/kb/HT1752?viewlocale=en_US
- Apple Education Support Line 800-800-2775 use this number only. Always verify Apple Care Coverage with purchase info.
- Antivirus for campus – go.ncsu.edu/antivirus
- Unity Macintosh Workflow uses Active Directory configuration with local home directory at /Users/$uid$
- OIT supports only Apple, Intel (i386) hardware for Mac OS and software. Only unmodified iOS is supported.
- Please remember to check prices at www.apple.com/education/pricelists/ to verify best price with NC State Marketplace
- Authorized NC State personnel wanting to get access to training and tools for Apple Certified Technician should register at gsx.apple.com Email Everette_Allen@ncsu.edu for Sold-to Account number and approval. Must login monthly to keep!!
- UNC Combined Pricing Initiative (CPI) oit.ncsu.edu/it-purchases/background-unc-cpi
- Casper Suite Enterprise service go.ncsu.edu/caspe, go.ncsu.edu/casperinfo and go.ncsu.edu/UWC for details
2) Training Needs??- 5 min
- Secure Your iOS Devices (iPhone and iPad) – Wed May 17, 2017 AFH-106-OIT-Multipurpose Room
and Fri, Mar 3 from 12-1:30pm see go.ncsu.edu/lunchnlearns
- OIT-Managing OS X with Casper Suite – Request
- OIT-Casper Best Practices for Packagers – Request
- OIT-Advanced OS X Management with Casper – Request
- Local Based Commercial Training
3) Service Updates- 20 min
Casper – Upgrade to Jamf Pro (Casper) 9.97.1482356336 Wed Jan 18, 2017. Many bug fixes
CrashPlan -Upgrading to server 5.4 on Jan 25, 2017.
NetInstall – nuke.nbi/sh is macOS 10.12.2. 10.11.3 set (nuke10113.nbi & sh). are still available if needed.
AutoPKGR – no new packages. Planning move to Casper Patching with version 10. Issue with macOS 10.12 compatibility still.
Antivirus -Kaspersky contract expires ~ end of Feb 2017. No antivirus for non-university devices. Univ-Owned should
use: NCSU-Campus-System Center Endpoint Protection for macOS Installer.pkg at nc.jamfcloud.com/packages.html?id=3853
DEP/VPP/Apple School – still waiting for Apple School Manger to come out of beta before updating.
4) New Standard for Endpoint Protection- 20 min
Everette is working on a practical document to help macOS deployments meet the standard coming for endpoint protection. The document will cover standard operating procedure for Authentication, Host-based firewall, Network Encryption, Web reputation scanning, File Integrity Monitoring, Full Disk Encryption, Anti-malware, Antivirus, Inventory, and Application Control.
Review of document in meeting. Need help on software for web reputation. – Discussion
5) Q&A – 15 min
You ask we try to answer
MacTech – Tue. Feb 14, 2017 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 2:30-4:30 pm.
MacPolicy – Tue. Feb 14, 2017 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 1:30-2:30 pm.
MacTech – 2nd Tuesday each month: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
MacPolicy – 2nd Tuesday each quarter in Feb, May, Sep, Nov.
Neither MacPolicy or MacTech will not meet in July. Meetings usually held in B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
Please mark your calendar.