MacPolicy Group Agenda
Tuesday, May 9, 2017
1:30 to 2:30 — Room B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
1) Announcements – 5 min
- OIT only supports OS X 10.11.6 and macOS 10.12 or newer
- Status page for jamfcloud.com services see http://status.jamfsoftware.com
- OIT Macintosh Support Web Site go.ncsu.edu/mac for updates.
- The next Apple bulk buy February 17, 2017
- Slack group ncstateit.slack.com #macintosh
- Apple Sales Rep: Paul Petrogeorgefirstname.lastname@example.org & System Eng: Francis Shepherdemail@example.com
- macOS and OS X versions that shipped with Intel Hardware: support.apple.com/kb/HT1159
- Vintage and Obsolete Apple Products: support.apple.com/kb/HT1752?viewlocale=en_US
- Apple Education Support Line 800-800-2775 use this number only. Always verify Apple Care Coverage with purchase info.
- Antivirus for campus – go.ncsu.edu/antivirus
- Unity Macintosh Workflow uses Active Directory configuration with local home directory at /Users/$uid$
- OIT supports only Apple, Intel (i386) hardware for Mac OS and software. Only unmodified iOS is supported.
- Please remember to check prices at www.apple.com/education/pricelists/ to verify best price with NC State Marketplace
- Authorized NC State personnel wanting to get access to training and tools for Apple Certified Technician should register at gsx.apple.com Email Everette_Allen@ncsu.edu for Sold-to Account number and approval. Must login monthly to keep!!
- UNC Combined Pricing Initiative (CPI) oit.ncsu.edu/it-purchases/background-unc-cpi
- Jamf Pro Enterprise service go.ncsu.edu/casper, go.ncsu.edu/casperinfo and go.ncsu.edu/UWC for details
2) JAMF Pro License Update- 10 min
UNC GA is still working on the contract language with JAMF. NCSU OIT has purchased new licenses to support 5,601 macOS and 1,560 iOS devices from May 1, 2017- Nov 1, 2018. Currently we have roughly 3900 macOS and 807 iOS giving room to grow. This means that OIT **might** not have to bill for Jamf Pro Licenses in Nov 2017. Will be testing for 9.98 update in next 2 weeks.
3) CPI Bulk Buy for May 2017- 5 min
We are in the process of an Apple Bulk Buy for May 2017. Issues or needs?
4) Malware Bytes Compliance – 15 min
Several (~147) macOS devices show has having Malware Bytes software installed. We need to make sure that all have legal licenses. Discussion
5) Q&A – 10 min
You ask we try to answer
MacPolicy – Tue. Sep 10, 2017 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 2:30-4:30 pm.
MacTech – 2nd Tuesday each month: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
MacPolicy – 2nd Tuesday each quarter in Feb, May, Sep, Nov.
Neither MacPolicy or MacTech will not meet in July. Meetings usually held in B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
Please mark your calendar.