MacTech Group Agenda
Tuesday, Tuesday, May 9, 2017
2:30 to 4:30 — Room B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
1) Announcements – 5 min
* OIT only supports OS X 10.11.6 and macOS 10.12 or newer
* Status page for jamfcloud.com services see http://status.jamfsoftware.com
* OIT Macintosh Support Web Site go.ncsu.edu/mac for updates.
* Slack group ncstateit.slack.com #macintosh
* Apple Sales Rep: Paul Petrogeorgeemail@example.com & System Eng: Francis firstname.lastname@example.org
* macOS versions that shipped with Intel Hardware: support.apple.com/kb/HT1159
* Vintage and Obsolete Apple Products: support.apple.com/kb/HT1752?viewlocale=en_US
* Apple Education Support Line 800-800-2775 use this number only. Always verify Apple Care Coverage.
* Antivirus for university owned devices – go.ncsu.edu/antivirus
* Unity Macintosh Workflow uses Active Directory configuration with local home directory at /Users/$uid$
* OIT supports only Apple, Intel (i386) hardware for Mac OS and software. Only unmodified iOS is supported.
* Please remember to check prices at www.apple.com/education/pricelists/ to verify best price with NC State Marketplace
* Authorized NC State personnel wanting to get training and tools for Apple Certified Technician should register at gsx.apple.com
Email Everette_Allen@ncsu.edu for Sold-to Account number and approval. Must login monthly!!
* UNC Combined Pricing Initiative (CPI) oit.ncsu.edu/it-purchases/background-unc-cpi
* JAMF Pro Enterprise service go.ncsu.edu/casper, go.ncsu.edu/casperinfo and go.ncsu.edu/UWC for details
* JNUC 2017 Oct 24-27, 2017 – jamf.com/events/jamf-nation-user-conference/2017/ – Everette will attend for OIT
2) Training Needs??- 5 min
* Secure Your iOS Devices (iPhone and iPad) – Wed May 17, 2017 AFH-106-OIT-Multipurpose Room
* OIT-Managing OS X with Jamf Pro – Thu Aug 10, 2017 from 1:30-4:30 pm
* OIT-Casper Best Practices for Packagers – Request – webapps.ncsu.edu/classmate/workshop/index/details/workshopId/351
* OIT-Advanced OS X Management with Jamf Pro – Request – webapps.ncsu.edu/classmate/workshop/index/details/workshopId/881
* CrashPlan for Sub-Org Administrators – Wed Jun 7, 2017 from 1-4 pm
* Local Based Commercial Training – training.computertree.com/course/
3) Service Updates- 20 min
Jamf Pro – Upgrading to 9.98 May 13, 2017 PLEASE TEst. Version 9.9.0 is in beta now & fixes large upload timeouts wi/JCDS.
CrashPlan -I2 Contract language is being updated. Adding CHASS.
NetInstall – nuke.nbi/sh is macOS 10.12.3. 10.11.3 set (nuke10113.nbi & sh). are still available if needed. 10.12.4 is not working and appears to be broken for netinstall.
AutoPKGR – Looking at removing Extension Attribute updates due to JAMF Patch Titles. No new recipes.
Antivirus – No antivirus for non-university devices. NCSU-Campus-System Center Endpoint Protection for macOS Installer.pkg at nc.jamfcloud.com/packages.html?id=3853
DEP/VPP/Apple School – still waiting for Apple School Manger to come out of beta before updating.
Endpoint Protection – Working on mac OS profile and package testing to go along with
Draft “BluePrint for macOS Endpoint Protection” (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Pdv8Z3aU374i1cNwvvrEd3yRnmeU2qXRolpYwP8jaUs/edit), Also looking at creating Service Now “Endpoint Compliance” report for all points of the standard.
4) Meeting the EndPoint Protection Standard– 10 min
How to meet the coming EndPoint Protection standard in practical ways. Discussion
5) Tech Short – Profiles not Scripts for Setup – 30 min
Look at http://www.amsys.co.uk/2015/02/creating-config-profiles-instead-first-boot-script/ Discussion
6) Needs for Summer and Fall 2017
Round the Room New macOS install technique. Discussion
7) Q&A – 15 min
You ask we try to answer
MacTech – Tue. Jun 13, 2017 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 2:30-4:30 pm.
MacTech – 2nd Tuesday each month: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
MacPolicy – 2nd Tuesday each quarter in Feb, May, Sep, Nov.
Neither MacPolicy or MacTech will not meet in July. Meetings usually held in B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
Please mark your calendar.