- Google 2-Step Verification for NC State G Suite accounts.
- Duo Security for university web applications that use Shibboleth authentication, including MyPack Portal, Moodle and PeopleAdmin.
Google 2-Step and Duo are simple two-step login processes that enable you to log in securely to many campus technology services and prevent up to 98 percent of all phishing attacks.
If you do not enroll by Oct. 31, you will:
- be locked out of your G Suite account and other campus services on Nov. 1.
- have to contact the NC State Help Desk to get access to your G Suite account. Regaining access to campus services could take weeks, depending on the number of university employees who also will need the help desk to unlock their accounts.
- be forced to self-enroll in Duo before you can access applications that use Shibboleth authentication.
If you are a supervisor, please encourage all of your employees, especially temporary and student employees, to enroll in Google 2-Step and Duo as soon as possible.
- Self-enroll via the Two-Factor Authentication at NC State website.
- Attend a Two-Factor Authentication enrollment workshop via REPORTER.
As a general reminder, NC State will never ask for your password or second factor code. Please do not share this information with anyone.