MacTech Group Agenda
Tuesday, Oct 10, 2017
3:00 to 4:30 — Room B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
- Announcements – 5 min
- OIT only supports OS X 10.11.6 and macOS 10.13 or newer
- Status page for jamfcloud.com services see http://status.jamfsoftware.com
- OIT Macintosh Support Web Site go.ncsu.edu/mac for updates.
- Slack group ncstateit.slack.com #macintosh
- Apple Sales Rep: Paul Petrogeorgefirstname.lastname@example.org & System Eng: Francis has retired waiting for replacement.
- macOS versions that shipped with Intel Hardware: support.apple.com/kb/HT1159
- Vintage and Obsolete Apple Products: support.apple.com/kb/HT1752?viewlocale=en_US
- Apple Education Support Line 800-800-2775 use this number only. Always verify Apple Care Coverage.
- Antivirus for university owned devices – go.ncsu.edu/antivirus
- Unity Macintosh Workflow uses Active Directory configuration with local home directory at /Users/$uid$
- OIT supports only Apple, Intel (i386) hardware for Mac OS and software. Only unmodified iOS is supported.
- Please remember to check prices at www.apple.com/education/pricelists/ to verify best price with NC State Marketplace
- Authorized NC State personnel wanting to get training and tools for Apple Certified Technician should request invitation by opening a help desk ticket at email@example.com Must login to GSX monthly!!
- UNC Combined Pricing Initiative (CPI) oit.ncsu.edu/campus-it/it-purchasing/unc-combined-pricing-initiative-cpi-program-at-nc-state/
- JAMF Pro Enterprise service go.ncsu.edu/jamf, go.ncsu.edu/casperinfo and go.ncsu.edu/uwc for details
- JNUC 2017 Oct 24-27, 2017 – jamf.com/events/jamf-nation-user-conference/2017/ – Everette will attend
- Training Needs – 5 min
- OIT-Managing OS X with Jamf Pro – Request –
- OIT-Casper Best Practices for Packagers – Request – webapps.ncsu.edu/classmate/workshop/index/details/workshopId/351
- OIT-Advanced OS X Management with Jamf Pro – Request – webapps.ncsu.edu/classmate/workshop/index/details/workshopId/881
- CrashPlan for Sub-Org Administrators – Request – reporter.ncsu.edu/link/courseview?courseID=OIT-CPlan1-CPlan1&deptName=OIT
- Local Based Commercial Training – training.computertree.com/course/
- JAMF Pro Training – www.jamf.com/training/
- OIT-Managing OS X with Jamf Pro – Request –
- Service Updates- 30 min
- Jamf Pro – Upgraded to 9.101.x. Expect Version 10.0.0 around JNUC Oct 24th. Have Service Now Plugin for JAMF Pro and waiting on OIT-TSS to add orchestration to Service New Dev.
- CrashPlan – Waiting on Code42 to approve move to non-appliance hosted with V6.x upgrade and SSO. Will require a client reinstall and full backup. Old 5.x servers will remain available until Cold Storage purges, ~ 1 year.
- NetInstall – nuke.nbi/sh is macOS 10.12.3. 10.11.3 set (nuke10113.nbi & sh). are still available if needed. 10.13.0 is not working and is broken with gray screen error which Apple is aware via radar.
- AutoPKGR – Testing with JAMF Pro version 10 beta.
- Antivirus – No change. NCSU-Campus-System Center Endpoint Protection for macOS Installer.pkg at nc.jamfcloud.com/packages.html?id=3853
- DEP/VPP/Apple School – Apple School Manager still waiting on Apple to move NCSU.
- Endpoint Protection – Renewed effort but no approved Standard
Draft “BluePrint for macOS Endpoint Protection” (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Pdv8Z3aU374i1cNwvvrEd3yRnmeU2qXRolpYwP8jaUs/edit), Also looking at creating Service Now “Endpoint Compliance” report for all points of the standard.
- Spirion Identity Finder Deployment – 5 min
From the last CAS meeting, OIT S&C is asking that all university owned equipment be installed with Spirion Identity Finder software in order to meet University wide compliance goals and to insure that protected information such as Social Security numbers and credit card numbers are not stored on endpoints. To help with this OIT has provided the NCSU-Campus-SpirionIdentityFinder10.0.2.0.pkg in JAMF Pro. Discussion
- Proposed Governance Changes – 5 min
Several folks may be aware of governance change recommendations made to OIT by a review committee. These recommendations are under review and do retain MacTech/Policy under ITSAC CAS as advisory in the same way we currently serve. Discussion
- Proposed Endpoint Protection Standard (Again) – 15 min
The Endpoint Protection standard was presented again in CAS. The CAS did not endorse or reject the Standard but asked that OIT S&C provide a “cleaned up” version where all the comments had been addressed. See: https://docs.google.com/a/ncsu.edu/document/d/1z1ZQm8HrEX27xjImjQtLPAZ15N1mfGjvsjHH1HTGLcM/edit?usp=sharing Discussion
- Q&A – 15 min
You ask we try to answer
MacPolicy – Tue. Nov 14, 2017 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 1:30-2:30 pm.
MacTech – Tue. Nov 14, 2017 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 2:30-4:30 pm.
MacPolicy – 2nd Tuesday each quarter in Feb, May, Aug, Nov.
MacTech – 2nd Tuesday each month: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
MacPolicy and MacTech will not meet in July.
Meetings usually held in B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
Please mark your calendar.