If you have NOT yet enrolled your G Suite generic account in Google 2-Step Verification, you will have until Tuesday, Dec. 19 to do so.
OIT has extended the enrollment deadline to Dec. 19 to accommodate units with a large number of generic accounts. Because this extension is close to the university’s Winter Break, OIT strongly encourages you to enroll NOW to:
- avoid being locked out of the account on Dec 19.
- avoid a lengthy wait to regain access to your account and campus services.
Enrolling Your Generic Account
Be sure to coordinate with all contacts before you enroll the generic account in Google 2-Step to ensure access for all users. All contacts of the generic account and users who need to log in to the account directly should know how to:
- log in to the generic account with Google 2-Step enabled.
- use a second factor.
- get assistance if they get locked out of the generic account.
- Contact your local IT support if you have any questions about enrolling in Google 2-Step.
- If you are unsure of the best way to manage Google 2-Step with multiple users,
As with your firstname.lastname@example.org account, activating Google 2-Step for your generic account enables you to log in securely and protect both your personal and university data assets against up to 98 percent of all phishing attacks. For more information, visit Two-Factor Authentication at NC State.