Google began auto-updating NC State accounts to the new Google Calendar interface on Jan. 15. This version will become the default on Feb. 28.
NC State G Suite users:
- can revert back to the current calendar view until the Feb. 28 deadline.
- who have previously opted out of the new user interface will not be impacted by this auto-update until the Feb. 28 deadline.
- should use this opportunity to confirm that all their calendars and the processes around them function as expected in the new user interface.
Among its many features, the new Calendar offers:
- Side-by-side daily views to see the schedules of other Calendar users.
- The ability to add rich formatting and hyperlinks in the event description box.
- Event detail access (e.g., guest list, location, attachments) at a glance.
- A new “add event” button to quickly schedule an appointment or other task.
For more information on the new interface, see:
- The new Google Calendar preview (YouTube video)
- G Suite Learning Center: Get Started with Calendar
- Learn What’s New in Google Calendar
For additional training opportunities, see REPORTER.
Please direct any questions to the NC State Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919.515.4357 (HELP).