MacPolicy Group Agenda
Tuesday, Feb 13, 2017
1:30 to 2:30 — Room B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
- Announcements – 5 min
- OIT only supports OS X 10.11.6 and macOS 10.13.2 or newer
- Status page for jamfcloud.com services see http://status.jamfsoftware.com
- OIT Macintosh Support Web Site go.ncsu.edu/mac for updates.
- Slack group ncstateit.slack.com #macintosh
- Apple Sales Rep: Paul Petrogeorgefirstname.lastname@example.org & System Eng: Dave Anderson.
- macOS versions that shipped with Intel Hardware: support.apple.com/kb/HT1159
- Vintage and Obsolete Apple Products: support.apple.com/kb/HT1752?viewlocale=en_US
- Apple Education Support Line 800-800-2775 use this number only. Always verify Apple Care Coverage.
- Antivirus for university owned devices – go.ncsu.edu/antivirus
- Unity Macintosh Workflow uses Active Directory configuration with local home directory at /Users/$uid$
- OIT supports only Apple, Intel (i386) hardware for Mac OS and software. Only unmodified iOS is supported.
- Please remember to check prices at www.apple.com/education/pricelists/ to verify best price with NC State Marketplace
- Authorized NC State personnel wanting to get training and tools for Apple Certified Technician should request invitation by opening a help desk ticket at email@example.com Must login to GSX monthly!!
- UNC Combined Pricing Initiative (CPI) oit.ncsu.edu/campus-it/it-purchasing/unc-combined-pricing-initiative-cpi-program-at-nc-state/
- JAMF Pro Enterprise service go.ncsu.edu/jamf, go.ncsu.edu/casperinfo and go.ncsu.edu/uwc for details
- JAMF Pro version10.2.0 released expect update of nc.jamfcloud.com before Mar 1, 2018
- Apple Bulk Buy Timing – 5 min
NCSU Design has made a request on the timing of the Spring 2018 Apple Bulk Buy to happen before we conflict with financial end of year i.e. not May. Waiting to hear back on result from NCSU Purchasing. Discussion
- Move to school.apple.com – 10 min
OIT is planning a move to school.apple.com as recommended by Apple. This move will unify the access to DEP, VPP, and iTunesU. The only apparent change will be going to school.apple.com not deploy.apple.com. There are other features that we may want to use later but not at initial move. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206590
- Endpoint Protection Standard Update – 20 min
The Endpoint Protection Standard draft was approved by CAS.
Be aware that the Endpoint Protection Implementation Plan is still under discussion https://docs.google.com/document/d/11W41KEA6MuynE-PgaPRkVvcjwCCk-pQboL6vBovNC4I/edit?ts=5a32abe0#
- Summer and Fall Software Needs? – 15 min
Looking for software needs for Summer and Fall semesters. Discussion
- Q&A – 15 min
You ask we try to answer
MacPolicy – Tue. May 8, 2018 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 1:30-2:30 pm.
MacTech – Tue. Mar 13, 2017 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 2:30-4:30 pm.
MacPolicy – 2nd Tuesday each quarter in Feb, May, Aug, Nov.
MacTech – 2nd Tuesday each month: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
MacPolicy and MacTech will not meet in July.
Meetings usually held in B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
Please mark your calendar.