OIT recently announced the results of the 2018 ResNet/ComTech Survey, which gauges students’ use of information and communication technology services, ranging from internet connectivity and computer labs to social media, IT support, and backup methods.
The survey is open to students living in the campus residence halls and in Greek Village. This year, 2,036 students participated with just over 1,850 completing the entire survey.
According to the survey:
- Of 1,854 respondents, 67 percent used an iPhone as their primary cell phone while 31 percent used Android smartphones.
- About 52 percent of 1,855 respondents had a TV in their room or apartment.
- Approximately 65 percent of 1,858 respondents frequently used Snapchat while 58 percent used Instagram.
- About 41 percent of 1,206 respondents who reported using computer labs preferred the D.H. Hill Library Unity Lab, and about 72 percent of 1,206 respondents preferred to use the Windows operating system in computer labs.
- Of 142 respondents who used the NC State Help Desk, about 84 percent rated it as good or better. Of the 287 respondents who used the OIT Walk-in Center, 94 percent rated it as good or better.
See ResNet/ComTech Surveys to view more ResNet/ComTech User Survey results.