MacPolicy Group Agenda
Tuesday, Nov 13, 2018
1:30 to 2:30 — Room B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
Announcements – 5 min
- OIT only supports OS X 10.11.6 and macOS 10.13.6 or newer
- Status page for jamfcloud.com services see http://status.jamfsoftware.com
- OIT Macintosh Support Web Site go.ncsu.edu/mac for updates.
- Slack group ncstateit.slack.com #macintosh
- Apple Sales Rep: Paul Petrogeorgefirstname.lastname@example.org & System Eng: Dave Anderson.
- macOS versions that shipped with Intel Hardware: support.apple.com/kb/HT1159
- Vintage and Obsolete Apple Products: support.apple.com/kb/HT1752?viewlocale=en_US
- Apple Education Support Line 800-800-2775 use this number only. Always verify Apple Care Coverage.
- Antivirus for university owned devices – go.ncsu.edu/antivirus
- Unity Macintosh Workflow uses Active Directory configuration with local home directory at /Users/$uid$
- OIT supports only Apple, Intel (i386) hardware for Mac OS and software. Only unmodified iOS is supported.
- Please remember to check prices at www.apple.com/education/pricelists/ to verify best price with NC State Marketplace
- Authorized NC State personnel wanting to get training and tools for Apple Certified Technician should request invitation by opening a help desk ticket at email@example.com Must login to GSX monthly!!
- UNC Combined Pricing Initiative (CPI) oit.ncsu.edu/campus-it/it-purchasing/unc-combined-pricing-initiative-cpi-program-at-nc-state/
- JAMF Pro Enterprise service go.ncsu.edu/jamf, go.ncsu.edu/casperinfo and go.ncsu.edu/uwc for details
- Apple Bulk Buy – The Nov Bulk Buy is in process now until 29th. – Calendar:
Adobe 2019 No Device Licenses – 5 min
Adobe CC 2019 and related applications have been released with named licenses only. While there has been some discussion with adobe about “a solution for labs” to come later in 2019 calendar year, nothing is available now. If Adobe 2019 apps are installed over device licensed 2018 or if the device conversion is applied the apps will quit working. Discussion.
Endpoint Protection Standard Update – 5 min
The OIT steering team and service teams are now meeting and discussing issues and roadblocks to implementation and some clarifications to the documents will be made.
Jamf Pro– 5 min
nc.jamfcloud.com will be updated to version 10.8.0 on Wed Nov 14, 2018 between 1800 and 2345. This addresses a few security issues and supports several new features of macOS and iOS. Package cleanup is underway as well. Discussion
AD Binding Issue– 10 min
OIT has been working with Apple and Microsoft on issues related to login failures for macOS devices bound to AD. We are now looking at “old” style Directory Bindings objects in Jamf Pro which seem to be causing the issue. In extensive testing we see that devices that use a macOS Configuration Profile work consistently. Please switch to Configuration Profiles as soon as possible. Discussion
Q&A – 10 min
You ask we try to answer
MacPolicy – Tue. Feb 12, 2019 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 1:30-2:30 pm.
MacTech – Tue. Dec 11, 2018 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 2:30-4:30 pm.
MacPolicy – 2nd Tuesday each quarter in Feb, May, Sep, Nov.
MacTech – 2nd Tuesday each month: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
MacPolicy and MacTech do not meet in July.
Meetings usually held in B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
Please mark your calendar.