MacTech Groups Agenda
Tuesday, Nov 13, 2018
2:30 to 4:30 pm
Room B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
Announcements – 5 min
- OIT only supports OS X 10.11.6 and macOS 10.13.6 or newer
- Status page for jamfcloud.com services see http://status.jamfsoftware.com
- OIT Macintosh Support Web Site go.ncsu.edu/mac for updates.
- Slack group ncstateit.slack.com #macintosh
- Apple Sales: Paul Petrogeorgefirstname.lastname@example.org & Sys Eng: Dave Andersenemail@example.com
- macOS versions that shipped with Intel Hardware: support.apple.com/kb/HT1159
- Vintage and Obsolete Apple Products: support.apple.com/kb/HT1752
- Apple Education Support Line 800-800-2775 use this number only. Always verify Apple Care Coverage.
- Antivirus for university owned devices – go.ncsu.edu/antivirus
- Unity Macintosh Workflow uses Active Directory configuration with local home directory at /Users/$uid$
- OIT supports only Apple, Intel (i386) hardware for Mac OS and software. Only unmodified iOS is supported.
- Please remember to check prices at www.apple.com/education/pricelists/ to verify best price with NC State Marketplace
- Authorized NC State personnel wanting to get training and tools for Apple Certified Technician should request invitation by opening a help desk ticket at firstname.lastname@example.org Must login to GSX monthly!!
- UNC Combined Pricing Initiative (CPI) oit.ncsu.edu/campus-it/it-purchasing/unc-combined-pricing-initiative-cpi-program-at-nc-state/
- JAMF Pro Enterprise service go.ncsu.edu/jamf, go.ncsu.edu/jamfinfo and go.ncsu.edu/uwc for details
Training Needs – 5 min
OIT-iOS Mobile Security – Request reporter.ncsu.edu/link/courseview?courseID=OIT-iOSMob-Security&deptName=OIT
OIT-Managing OS X with Jamf Pro – Request reporter.ncsu.edu/link/courseview?courseID=OIT-JPro01-JPro01&deptName=OIT
OIT-Jamf Pro Best Practices for Packagers – Nov 29, 2018 – reporter.ncsu.edu/link/courseview?courseID=OIT-JPro03-JPro03&deptName=OIT
OIT-Advanced OS X Management with Jamf Pro – Request reporter.ncsu.edu/link/courseview?courseID=OIT-JPro02-JPro02&deptName=OIT
CrashPlan for Sub-Org Administrators – Request – reporter.ncsu.edu/link/courseview?courseID=OIT-CPlan1-CPlan1&deptName=OIT
Local Based Commercial Training – training.computertree.com/course/
JAMF Pro Training – www.jamf.com/training/
Service Updates – 10 min
Jamf Pro – V 10.8.0 update 11142018 @ 1800.
nccloudtest.jamfcloud.com running 10.8.0 for testing PLEASE TEST!
Jamf Pro 10.9.0 is in Beta 2.
Following up on JAMF issues:
1) Policy listing slowness (normal and patch) now known issue. Jamf removed ~1,000 Jamf Remote policies that are one-and-done. Issue is being worked on for release after 10.9.x
2) Sync to local FSDP – A successful sync was made 11092018. Looking at 53 packages that would not sync and why with Jamf Support.
Service Now Discovery Plugin for JAMF Pro still working on sync issues with only NCSU sites.
CommunityPatch server is still in flux and we are waiting for stability to add to test.
CrashPlan – running 6.5.2 in production. Changing to fully hosted model with SSO over next year but still working on plan. Will require a new full backup and a new client install (not automatic).
Internet Recovery – https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904 Command-Option-R to install latest version for hardware or Command-R to install currently installed version. Still seeing issues with post 10.14 Command-Option-R.
AutoPKGR – Beta support for JCDS is on github. Waiting for release to implement
AntiMalware/Virus – MSSCEP 184.108.40.206 is available for university owned macOS devices.
NCSU-Campus-MSSCEP-Mac_220.127.116.11.pkg — https://nc.jamfcloud.com/packages.html?id=5536
Sensitive Data Discovery – NCSU-Campus-SpirionIdentityFinder1054.pkg
Apple School Manager – All VPP and MDM are handled in ASM with managed Apple Id’s of from <unityid>@appleid.ncsu.edu. school.apple.com
JNUC 2018 Videos – 5 min
Jamf has made the presentations from JNUC 2018 available at:
Hardware Issues – 5 min
Apple has determined that some of 128GB and 256GB SSDs used in 13-inch MacBook Pro (no Touch Bar) have an issue that may result in data loss and failure of the drive. These 13-inch MacBook Pros were sold between June 2017 and June 2018.
macOS AD Auth Issues – 15 min
OIT is recommending that all AD Binding for macOS devices be configured using macOS Configuration Profile instead of the old Directory Bindings setup. Configuration Profiles (or PreStage Enrollment) are Apple’s blessed way of delivering Directory Services configuration and are available within Sites. Please delete Directory Bindings as soon as possible.
Q&A – 15 min
You ask we try to answer
MacPolicy – Tue. Feb 12, 2019 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 1:30-2:30 pm.
MacTech – Tue. Dec 11, 2018 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 2:30-4:30 pm.
MacPolicy – 2nd Tuesday each quarter in Feb, May, Sep, Nov.
MacTech – 2nd Tuesday each month: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
MacPolicy and MacTech do not meet in July.
Meetings usually held in B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
Please mark your calendar.