Don’t miss an opportunity to learn more about G Suite, Cisco Jabber, WordPress, and other IT tools this summer. Check out the complete list of free summer courses and enroll via REPORTER:
- Gmail: Advanced Productivity will be offered on Tuesday, June 18 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Building on Gmail: More Than Your Inbox, this advanced hands-on workshop takes Gmail to the next level. You will learn more about labels, filters, canned responses, scheduling Google Calendar Events, Hangouts, and using Google Drive through Gmail along with any planned or newly released features. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Report2Web Training will be offered on Tuesday, June 18 and Monday, July 15 from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This course is intended for new and current users of Report2Web, a web-based enterprise report distribution, archival and retrieval solution for critical business documents. This course will show users how to navigate the application and find the reports for which they have access. Approvers will also learn how to approve reports. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Google Sheets will be offered on Wednesday, June 19 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Join us for this introduction to Google Sheets and learn how it integrates with other apps in Google Drive. The workshop will also include several features, including formatting options, data validation, basic functions, charts, and conditional formatting. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Cisco Jabber: Your All-In-One Collaboration Tool! will be offered on Thursday, June 20 from noon to 1 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This Lunch & Learn will provide an overview of how Cisco Jabber streamlines communications and enhances productivity by unifying presence, instant messaging, voice, video, voice messaging, screen sharing, and conferencing capabilities securely in one client on your desktop and mobile devices. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Create, Collaborate & Get Organized with Google Drive will be offered on Tuesday, June 25 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. During this hands-on workshop, you will learn how to use Drive to manage your resources in a collaborative environment. Primary topics will include organizing files and folders, securing documents through file sharing permissions, group editing and collaboration, and using common tools throughout Google’s suite of apps. A brief introduction to Team Drives will also be provided. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Introduction to Google Sites will be offered on Thursday, June 27 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Explore the new user-friendly interface of Google Sites with drag and drop functionality. Participants will learn how to build a new site; create and organize new pages; choose themes for color schemes and font styles; embed Google Drive folders and files; add images, videos and URLs; implement customization and basic web design principles; set permissions; and publish and update pages. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Gmail: More Than Your Inbox will be offered on Wednesday, July 10 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. There is more to Gmail than just composing, replying to and forwarding messages. This workshop will provide an in-depth overview of Gmail features, including an emphasis on labels and search tools, contacts management, chat, tasks, settings, labs, and new features. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Basics of WordPress will be offered on Wednesday, July 10 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Learn everything you need to know to get started using WordPress at NC State. This workshop will cover topics, including setup, configuration, themes, plugins, settings, options, and management of WordPress. To register, visit REPORTER.
- System Access Request Training (SAR) is now offered online. This training will provide an overview of the SAR application for campus requesters and approvers and will demonstrate how to submit a SAR request for different connected systems. Users are encouraged to review the SAR website for additional information before registering. To register, visit REPORTER.
For a complete list of technology training opportunities, visit REPORTER.
For custom training, complete the Custom Training form and a technology trainer will contact you to discuss options to meet your business needs.