The University Data Management Procedures require each campus dean and vice chancellor to review and certify their staff’s security access to the Student Information System (SIS) on an annual basis.
Your review and certification of user access to SIS are critical to safeguard university data against unauthorized use, disclosure, modification or loss. As a dean or vice chancellor, you have primary responsibility to determine the appropriate degree of security access for your employees and to ensure their compliance with access security standards.
To review your staff’s security access to SIS, use the following online reports:
- Web Security Report, which shows both active and inactive employees who are currently assigned to a specific department and have access to the systems.
- Web Security Exceptions Report, which displays individuals who have security access to your department and have either transferred to another department or have left the university.
Changes or deletions that need to be made to the employee’s access profiles for SIS should be entered using the SAR application in the MyPack Portal.
To access the SAR application:
- Click on the NavBar compass icon (upper right corner).
- Select Identity Management.
- Select Security Access/SAR and then SAR.
For an individual who is no longer in your department, contact the individual’s new department to request changes to or the removal of the access. Department contacts can be found using the SAR Approver Lookup link at the bottom of any SAR page.
Once you have reviewed the security access for your staff and submitted the appropriate changes, certify your review by completing this electronic form and submitting it to OIT Security and Compliance by Friday, Dec. 13.