On Monday, Jan. 24, the Office of Information Technology (OIT) will send email notifications to December 2021 graduates with details on how to acquire a new NC State email-only alumni account.
Students who graduated earlier — between May 2010 and present — also will be contacted via their student email account when it is their time to receive an email-only alumni account.
Alumni email accounts are optional but graduates will need to decide within six months of receiving the official notice if they will create an account. They should also consider the following before making a decision:
- Alumni email accounts will have a 2GB storage quota.
- This is an email-only account; no other services will be available (e.g., Calendar, Meet, Chat).
- Email address will be “firstname.lastname@example.org.”
- Students will be able to transfer a copy of their My Drive files and emails to a personal Google account and will receive instructions on how to do so. OIT does not recommend moving email to alumni email accounts since they have limited storage quota.
- Students will retain access to their current student Google account for six months after graduation. After this time, the account will be disabled and Drive files will be deleted.
For more information about alumni accounts and the timeline for all graduates, visit Alumni Email Service.