Training & Help
A variety of training opportunities and support resources are available for Two-Factor Authentication on campus.
2FA at NC State
Set User Identification and Authorization (UIA)
Duo for Shibboleth
2FA Training & Help
The initial campus rollout of NC State’s current two-factor authentication methods — Duo and Google 2-Step — is scheduled to occur between January and October 2017 and will be managed in a phased approach. OIT will contact campus units and departments individually to schedule in-person training for employees.
Employees who would like to enroll in Duo and Google 2-Step prior to their department’s designated enrollment period may:
- Two-Factor Authentication at NC State
- Training will take place in a computer lab or classroom.
- Participants should bring their mobile device(s) to enroll and laptop (if not conducted in a computer lab).
Training & Support Contacts
Custom Training Requests
- During the initial 2FA campus implementation from January through October 2017, OIT will coordinate custom training directly with university units and departments.
- Please contact your local IT representative for tentative departmental training dates.
Local IT Support
- Members of your local IT support staff are available to assist you with the 2FA enrollment process.
- Ask your supervisor how to contact your IT support staff.
If you do not have local IT support or your local IT support is not available: