Accidental damage warranty for a new PC
- Most PC vendors offer an optional warranty for accidental damage or accidental damage handling; e.g, drops and spills.
- An accidental damage warranty typically includes the same coverage offered by the vendor’s extended warranty.
Accidental damage warranty for a new Apple computer
- Apple offers optional AppleCare+ for Apple devices which can be purchased at Wolfpack Outfitters.
- AppleCare+ for Mac adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a service fee.
- AppleCare+ for Mac extends coverage to three years from the original purchase date
- AppleCare+ offers global repair for students traveling abroad.
- 24/7 priority access to Apple experts via chat or phone, for both troubleshooting and quick how to questions
- AppleCare+ Hardware coverage includes your device, your battery and included accessories
Warranties facilitated by the OIT Walk-in Center
The Walk-in Center can facilitate only these two types of warranties:
- those for supported vendors
- those purchased through Wolfpack Outfitters.
Warranties not purchased at Wolfpack Outfitters
If you purchase a third-party accidental damage warranty elsewhere, be aware that you might have to mail your computer to the warranty provider for service. You might be without it for an extended period of time.
The Walk-in Center provides loaner computers only to students and only while it is facilitating vendor repairs for the computers or warranties those students purchased at Wolfpack Outfitters.