Springtime and warm temperatures are here, and it’s a good time to experience new things outdoors and indoors. OIT is offering a variety of indoor learning opportunities – some during the lunch hour – to enhance your professional skills.
Please note that you should register for OIT workshops scheduled in May via Classmate. Beginning in June, there will be limited training activities scheduled in Classmate. You will need to register for OIT workshops via REPORTER.
For more information about customized training for your department, unit or classroom, see Custom Training.
Upcoming OIT workshops include:
- Cisco Jabber: Your all in one Collaboration Tool! will be offered on Tuesday, May 16 from noon to 1 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This Lunch and Learn event will provide an overview of how Cisco Jabber streamlines communications and enhances productivity by unifying presence, instant messaging, voice, video, voice messaging, screen sharing, and conferencing capabilities securely into one client on your desktop and mobile device. To register, visit Classmate.
- Create, Collaborate & Get Organized with Google Drive will be offered on Wednesday, May 17 and Tuesday, June 6 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Google Drive is the backbone of your Google experience, combining storage, access, sharing, and collaboration with the power of Google Apps. During this hands-on workshop, you will learn how to use Drive to manage your resources in a collaborative environment. Primary topics will include organizing files and folders, securing documents through file sharing permissions, group editing and collaboration, and using common tools throughout Google Apps. To register for the May session, visit Classmate. To register for the June session, visit REPORTER.
- Mobile Security for iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) will be offered on Wednesday, May 17 from noon to 1 p.m. in Room 106 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Learn how to protect your privacy and control your digital footprint while using iOS-enabled devices, including the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. This Lunch & Learn event will teach you how to use a screen lock passcode, encrypt and backup data, locate your device if it’s lost, scan your device for malware, and much more. To register, visit Classmate.
- Google Sheets will be offered on Thursday, May 18 from 2 p.m to 4 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Join us for this two-hour overview of Sheets and learn how it integrates with other apps in Google Drive. You will learn specific features, including formatting options, find & replace, notifications, conditional formatting, and more! To register, visit Classmate.
- OIT Co-Working ServiceNow Development will be offered on Friday, May 19 from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 106 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. During this session, you will learn about the basic building blocks of development in ServiceNow, plus tips and best practices. You will also get a preview of Helsinki, which includes a host of developer-oriented features. To register, visit Classmate.
- Two-Factor Authentication at NC State will be offered on Tuesday, May 23 from noon to 1 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. NC State uses two multi-factor solutions to protect many systems, accounts and services. Google 2-Step protects G Suite accounts, and Duo protects Shibboleth-connected services, like the MyPack Portal and WolfWare. Bring your laptop and mobile device to this class to set up these multi-factor solutions. In addition, you’ll learn the risks to you and to campus from phishing and other nefarious online activities and how two-factor authentication can protect you and the university against cyber threats. To register, visit Classmate.
- Gmail: Advanced Productivity will be offered on Wednesday, May 24 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Building on Gmail: More Than Your Inbox, this advanced hands-on workshop takes Gmail to the next level. You will learn more about labels, filters, canned responses, scheduling Google Calendar Events, Hangouts, and using Google Drive through Gmail, along with any planned or newly released features. To register, visit Classmate.
- Advanced Drive will be offered on Thursday, May 25 from 10 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Are you comfortable creating folders, sharing documents and using Drive’s basic organization tools? If you can answer “yes” to these questions, then you’re ready to take Drive to the next level. Come to this advanced workshop to learn about file management, uploading, exporting and converting documents, advanced searching, installing apps, and new functions. To register, visit Classmate.
- G Suite Tools You Should Know (and Use) will be offered online via YouTube Live on Wednesday, May 31 from noon to 1 p.m. In this Lunch & Learn, OIT trainers will introduce you to their favorite G Suite tips, features and best practices. Topics will cover functionality in several Google apps including auto updating charts, copying and clearing text formats, pre-filled forms, Google+ Collections, and more! To register, visit Classmate.
- Gmail: More Than Your Inbox will be offered on Thursday, June 1 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This workshop will provide an in-depth overview of Gmail features including an emphasis on labels and search tools, contacts management, chat, tasks, settings, labs, and new features. A reference including many additional helpful resources will also be provided. To register, visit REPORTER.
- OIT-CrashPlan for NCSU Sub-Org Administrators will be offered on Wednesday, June 7 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room B3 of the Hillsborough Building. This workshop will provide an overview of CrashPlan Cold Storage, explore the options available to CrashPlan sub-org administrators and provide best practices for management. To register, visit REPORTER.
- OIT Co-Working – NCSU Directory Plugin will be offered on Friday, June 16 from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 106 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This workshop will provide an overview of the NCSU Directory Plugin, a WordPress plugin that enables site owners to display information from the online Campus Directory in a gallery format. To register, visit Classmate.