OIT will roll out Hangouts Meet, Google’s new tool for video conferencing, to campus G Suite users on Monday, May 21.
While Hangouts Meet replaces the classic Google Hangouts, you’ll still find some familiar as well as new features, including:
- a streamlined approach to connect up to 25 people on campus or around the globe.
- Internal chat.
- Screen sharing.
- Meeting scheduling via Google Calendar, mobile devices, Hangouts Hardware/Chrome devices for meetings, the meeting URL, or the web at meet.google.com.
Hangouts Meet also supports:
- the Chrome browser. Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer are expected to be supported in the second half of 2018.
- new dial-in and dial-out functionality.
To learn more about Hangouts Meet:
- View the brief YouTube video tutorial, the New Google Hangouts Meet.
- Visit Get Started with Hangouts Meet via Google’s Learning Center.
Sign up via REPORTER for an OIT Lunch & Learn event.