Can’t take the rising outside temperatures? Step indoors to take one of our cool training workshops: Cybersecurity, WordPress, G Suite, and more!
To get started, check out our upcoming workshops via REPORTER:
- System Access Request Training (SAR) is now offered online. This on-demand training will provide an overview of the SAR application for campus requesters and approvers and will demonstrate how to submit a SAR request for different connected systems. Users are encouraged to review the SAR website for additional information before registering. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Two-Factor Authentication at NC State will be offered on Wednesday, May 16 from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. NC State uses two multi-factor solutions to protect many systems, accounts and services. Google 2-Step protects G Suite accounts and Duo protects Shibboleth-connected services, like the MyPack Portal and WolfWare. During this workshop, you’ll learn about the risks to you and to campus from phishing and other nefarious online activities and how two-factor authentication can protect you and the university against cyber threats. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Introduction to the New Google Sites will be offered on Thursday, May 17 from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. The session will cover a range of topics, including creating and organizing new pages, choosing themes, embedding Google Drive folders and files, adding media, customized and basic Web design principles, publishing, setting permissions, and more. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Report2Web will be offered on Monday, May 21 from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Report2Web is a web-based enterprise report distribution, archival and retrieval solution that allows you to access critical business documents using a standard web browser. During this course, you will learn how to navigate and find reports to which you have access and approve reports, if you are an approver. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Gmail: Advanced Productivity will be offered on Tuesday, May 22 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Building on Gmail: More Than Your Inbox, this advanced hands-on workshop takes Gmail to the next level. You will learn more about labels, filters, canned responses, scheduling Google Calendar Events, Hangouts, using Google Drive through Gmail, and any planned or newly released features. To register, visit REPORTER.
- NC State University Data Security Awareness Training will be offered on Wednesday, May 23 from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. in Room 108 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center and Friday, May 25 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m in Room 203 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This workshop is designed for all university employees and student workers who collect, process and store data at NC State and is mandatory for all users who access ultra-sensitive/purple data. The training provides an overview of basic information and operational security principles as well as specific information related to data security and risk management at the university. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Create, Collaborate & Get Organized with Google Drive will be offered on Thursday, May 31 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. During this introductory hands-on workshop, you will learn how to use Drive to manage your resources in a collaborative environment. Primary topics will include organizing files and folders, securing documents through file sharing permissions, group editing and collaboration, and common tools throughout Google’s suite of apps. A brief introduction to Team Drives will also be provided. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Get to Know the New Hangouts Meet will be offered on Friday, June 1 and Wednesday, June 13 from noon to 1 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Whether you’re new to video conferencing or are familiar with the outgoing Google Hangouts, the new Meet provides a streamlined way to connect with people on campus or around the globe. Learn how to navigate the new interface, start or join a Meet video call, add sessions to calendar appointments, and more! To register, visit REPORTER.
- Cisco WebEx will be offered on Monday, June 4 from noon to 1 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This Lunch & Learn event will provide an overview of how Cisco WebEx Online Meetings enables you to virtually meet, share content and video conference with anyone in the world with an internet connection, including mobile users! To register, visit REPORTER.
- Basics of WordPress will be offered on Wednesday, June 6 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Learn everything you need to know to get started using WordPress here at NC State. This workshop will cover topics, including setup, configuration, themes, plugins, settings, and options and management of WordPress. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Gmail: More Than Your Inbox will be offered on Thursday, June 7 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. There is more to Gmail than just composing, replying to and forwarding messages. This workshop will provide an in-depth overview of Gmail features, including an emphasis on labels and search tools, contacts management, chat, tasks, settings, labs, and new features. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Google Calendar: Advanced Productivity will be offered on Tuesday, June 12 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. If you’re comfortable with the basics of Google Calendar and are ready to use some more of its features, this hands-on workshop is for you. This workshop will focus on the new Calendar interface, event details, and Calendar management. Specific features will include event attachments, maps and directions, sharing and embedding calendars, search options, scheduling Hangouts (video conferencing), and more. To register, visit REPORTER.
To request specific training for your department, unit or classroom, see Custom Training.