MacTech Groups Agenda
Tuesday, Sep 18, 2018
2:30 to 4:30 — Room B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
Announcements – 5 min
- OIT only supports OS X 10.11.6 and macOS 10.13.x or newer
- Status page for jamfcloud.com services see http://status.jamfsoftware.com
- OIT Macintosh Support Web Site go.ncsu.edu/mac for updates.
- Slack group ncstateit.slack.com #macintosh
- Apple Sales: Paul Petrogeorgeemail@example.com & Sys Eng: Dave Andersenfirstname.lastname@example.org
- macOS versions that shipped with Intel Hardware: support.apple.com/kb/HT1159
- Vintage and Obsolete Apple Products: support.apple.com/kb/HT1752
- Apple Education Support Line 800-800-2775 use this number only. Always verify Apple Care Coverage.
- Antivirus for university owned devices – go.ncsu.edu/antivirus
- Unity Macintosh Workflow uses Active Directory configuration with local home directory at /Users/$uid$
- OIT supports only Apple, Intel (i386) hardware for Mac OS and software. Only unmodified iOS is supported.
- Please remember to check prices at www.apple.com/education/pricelists/ to verify best price with NC State Marketplace
- Authorized NC State personnel wanting to get training and tools for Apple Certified Technician should request invitation by opening a help desk ticket at email@example.com Must login to GSX monthly!!
- UNC Combined Pricing Initiative (CPI) oit.ncsu.edu/campus-it/it-purchasing/unc-combined-pricing-initiative-cpi-program-at-nc-state/
- JAMF Pro Enterprise service go.ncsu.edu/jamf, go.ncsu.edu/casperinfo and go.ncsu.edu/uwc for details
- JAMF Pro Training – www.jamf.com/training/
- UNC CAUSE 2018 – Oct 1-3 Everette will present and host Apple Managers SIG
- JNUC 2018 – Oct 23-25 Everette will attend. Joey J will present (1:30 Oct 24, https://www.jamf.com/events/jamf-nation-user-conference/2018/sessions/#session-6DF9654B-9E49-4589-8755-DDDB3CB17601-details)
Training Needs – 5 min
OIT-iOS Mobile Security – Oct 17, 2018
OIT-Managing OS X with Jamf Pro – Sep 27, 2018
OIT-Casper Best Practices for Packagers – Nov 29, 2018 – reporter.ncsu.edu/link/courseview?courseID=OIT-JPro03-JPro03&deptName=OIT
OIT-Advanced OS X Management with Jamf Pro – Oct 16, 2018 reporter.ncsu.edu/link/courseview?courseID=OIT-JPro02-JPro02&deptName=OIT
CrashPlan for Sub-Org Administrators – Request – reporter.ncsu.edu/link/courseview?courseID=OIT-CPlan1-CPlan1&deptName=OIT
Local Based Commercial Training – training.computertree.com/course/
Service Updates – 10 min
Jamf Pro – V 10.6.2 running in production
nccloudtest.jamfcloud.com running 10.7.0 for testing PLEASE TEST!
Service Now Discovery Plugin for JAMF Pro working on sync issues with only NCSU sites.
CommunityPatch server is changing to 2.x version and patches will be per creator not all on server
CrashPlan – running 6.5.2 in production
NetInstall replaced with Internet Recovery – https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904 Command-Option-R to install latest version for hardware or Command-R to install currently installed version.
AutoPKGR – Beta support for JCDS is on github.
AntiMalware/Virus – MSSCEP 126.96.36.199 is available for university owned macOS devices.
Sensitive Data Discovery – NCSU-Campus-SpirionIdentityFinder1054.pkg
OIT Security and Compliance would like for this to be installed on All managed devices as soon as possible.
Apple School Manager – All VPP and MDM are handled in ASM with managed Apple Id’s of from <unityid>@appleid.ncsu.edu. school.apple.com
macOS AD Auth Issues – 5 min
OIT continues to work with Apple and Microsoft to try and figure out why many macs bound to WOLFTECH fail to authenticate intermittently. Thanks to all the folks on NC State IT #ad-auth who have done diagnostics and presented logs. The current work-around is to reboot at every logout.
Kaspersky Removal – 5 min
No university owned (or private) devices at NCSU should be running any version of Kaspersky now. Please verify that all your devices are Kaspersky Free! Has anyone created a removal policy they can share? Jamf Pro shows 15 devices still running Kaspersky but not sure if these are current devices. Please check. Discussion
Jamf Policy Slowness – 10 min
We have discovered a product issue with Jamf Pro 10.x series where it tries to search all policies including the on-off, throwaway policies created by Jamf Recon. Please avoid Recon due to these issues and the fact that it requires ssh ports to be open. Discussion
Fall Software Needs – 30 min
Looking for list of software that folks need .
New Apple OS Releases and Management – 30 min
Apple released macOS 10.14 and iOS 12.0 (and others) yesterday. Many MDM settings that will need Jamf Pro 10.7.0+ to manage. Please test with nccloudtest.jamfcloud.com
Q&A – 15 min
You ask we try to answer
MacPolicy – Tue. Nov 13, 2018 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 1:30-2:30 pm.
MacTech – Tue. Oct 9, 2018 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 2:30-4:30 pm.
MacPolicy – 2nd Tuesday each quarter in Feb, May, Sep, Nov.
MacTech – 2nd Tuesday each month: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
MacPolicy and MacTech do not meet in July or August.
Meetings usually held in B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
Please mark your calendar.