It’s that time when New Year’s resolutions are being made. What are you hoping to achieve in 2019? Get the new year off to a great start by attending a workshop that will help you improve your technical skills. Visit REPORTER to see the full slate of workshops.
- Gmail: More Than Your Inbox will be offered on Tuesday, Jan. 15 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. There is more to Gmail than just composing, replying to and forwarding messages. This workshop will provide an in-depth overview of Gmail features, including an emphasis on labels and search tools, contacts management, chat, tasks, settings, labs, and new features. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Create, Collaborate & Get Organized with Google Drive will be offered on Wednesday, Jan. 16 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. During this introductory hands-on workshop, you will learn how to use Drive to manage your resources in a collaborative environment. Primary topics will include organizing files and folders, securing documents through file sharing permissions, group editing and collaboration, and common tools throughout Google’s suite of apps. A brief introduction to Team Drives will also be provided. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Google Docs – More Than a Text Editor will be offered on Thursday, Jan. 17 from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This powerful word processor provides tools to create and format documents while collaborating with others in the cloud. Topics covered in this session include revision history, the explore tool, inserting and editing images, collaboration tools, downloading, importing and publishing to the web, add-ons and extensions, offline access, and more! To register, visit REPORTER.
- Cisco Jabber: Your all in one Collaboration Tool! will be offered on Thursday, Jan. 17 from noon to 1 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This Lunch and Learn will provide an overview of how Cisco Jabber streamlines communications and enhances productivity by unifying presence, instant messaging, voice, video, voice messaging, screen sharing, and conferencing capabilities securely into one client on your desktop and mobile device. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Report2Web will be offered on Tuesday, Jan. 22 from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Report2Web is a web-based enterprise report distribution, archival and retrieval solution that allows you to access critical business documents using a standard web browser. During this course, you will learn how to navigate and find reports to which you have access and approve reports, if you are an approver. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Google Calendar: Advanced Productivity will be offered on Wednesday, Jan 23 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. If you’re comfortable with the basics of Google Calendar and are ready to use some more of its features, this hands-on workshop is for you. This workshop will focus on the new Calendar interface, event details and Calendar management. Specific features will include event attachments, maps and directions, sharing and embedding calendars, search options, scheduling Hangouts (video conferencing), and more. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Introduction to Hangouts Meet & Chat will be offered on Thursday, Jan. 24 from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Get to know Google’s newest tools for video conferencing, communication and collaboration. Hangouts Meet provides a user friendly video conferencing experience while Chat replaces Google’s text-based messenger. Whether you’re new to Google’s collaboration tools or are familiar with the outgoing Google Hangouts, Meet & Chat provide a streamlined way to connect with people on campus or around the globe. Learn how to navigate the new interfaces, start or join a Meet video call, add sessions to calendar appointments, create Chat Rooms, and more! This session will focus on using Hangouts Meet & Chat on your laptop or desktop only. To register, visit REPORTER
- Cisco WebEx will be offered on Thursday, Jan. 24 from noon to 1 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This Lunch & Learn event will provide an overview of how Cisco WebEx Online Meetings enables you to virtually meet, share content and video conference with anyone in the world with an internet connection, including mobile users! To register, visit REPORTER.
- Intermediate WordPress: Gutenberg for Content Creators is now offered online. In this workshop, attendees will get to know Gutenberg, learn how to build block-based posts and pages and get helpful tips and tricks. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Intermediate WordPress: Gutenberg for Site Admins is now offered online. In this workshop, we’ll guide site administrators through the latest options in version 5.0. To register, visit REPORTER.
- System Access Request Training (SAR) is offered online. This training will provide an overview of the SAR application for campus requesters and approvers and will demonstrate how to submit a SAR request for different connected systems. Users are encouraged to review the SAR website for additional information before registering. To register, visit REPORTER.
For a complete list of technology training opportunities, visit REPORTER.
For custom training, complete the Custom Training form and a technology trainer will contact you to discuss options to meet your business needs!