On Wednesday, Dec. 19, OIT will deploy Go Links Version 2.0. A link shortener, Go Links allow you to create easy-to-use and university–branded URLs that direct people to your online content faster. The deployment will begin at 5 p.m.
If you are a Go Links owner, you will not be able to use the Go Links interface. However, all of your current Go Links will remain functional. Go Links 2.0 will be available at 9 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 20.
Inside Go Links 2.0
Go Links owners will find that:
- The interface sports a refreshed look and feel.
- Links can now be shared with campus users or with a Google Group address to facilitate wider management. Access rights currently assigned via tags have been applied to the new version. While tags will remain in version 2.0, they will now only be used to organize, not to share.
- Google Analytics is available for all Go Links.
- Basic hit count information will continue to be available in the application, but statistics will begin anew with the deployment of version 2.0.
- Hit count information for links in Go Links version 1.0 will remain available for six months after version 2.0 is deployed. Users will have until July 1, 2019 to access the legacy Go Links application to obtain link statistics.
If you have any questions, contact the NC State Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919.515.4357.