MacTech Groups Agenda
Tuesday, Feb 12, 2019
2:30 to 4:30 pm
Room B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
Announcements – 5 min
- OIT only supports macOS 10.13.6 or newer
- Status page for jamfcloud.com services see http://status.jamfsoftware.com
- OIT Macintosh Support Web Site go.ncsu.edu/mac for updates.
- Slack group ncstateit.slack.com #macintosh
- Apple Sales: Paul Petrogeorgefirstname.lastname@example.org & Sys Eng: Dave Andersenemail@example.com
- macOS versions that shipped with Intel Hardware: support.apple.com/kb/HT1159
- Vintage and Obsolete Apple Products: support.apple.com/kb/HT1752
- Apple Education Support Line 800-800-2775 use this number only. Always verify Apple Care Coverage.
- Antivirus for university owned devices – go.ncsu.edu/antivirus
- Unity Macintosh Workflow uses Active Directory configuration with local home directory at /Users/$uid$
- OIT supports only Apple, Intel (i386) hardware for Mac OS and software. Only unmodified iOS is supported.
- Please remember to check prices at www.apple.com/education/pricelists/ to verify best price with NC State Marketplace
- Authorized NC State personnel wanting to get training and tools for Apple Certified Technician should request invitation by opening a help desk ticket at firstname.lastname@example.org Must login to GSX monthly!!
- UNC Combined Pricing Initiative (CPI) oit.ncsu.edu/campus-it/it-purchasing/unc-combined-pricing-initiative-cpi-program-at-nc-state/
- JAMF Pro Enterprise service go.ncsu.edu/jamf, go.ncsu.edu/jamfinfo and go.ncsu.edu/uwc for details
- JNUC 2019 www.jamf.com/events/jamf-nation-user-conference/2019/
Training – 5 min
OIT-iOS Mobile Device Security – TBA reporter.ncsu.edu/link/courseview?courseID=OIT-iOSMob-Security&deptName=OIT
OIT-Managing Apple Devices with Jamf Pro – Feb 20, 2019 reporter.ncsu.edu/link/courseview?courseID=OIT-JPro01-JPro01&deptName=OIT
OIT-Jamf Pro Best Practices for Packagers – Mar 28, 2019 – reporter.ncsu.edu/link/courseview?courseID=OIT-JPro03-JPro03&deptName=OIT
OIT-Advanced OS X Management with Jamf Pro – April 15, 2019 reporter.ncsu.edu/link/courseview?courseID=OIT-JPro02-JPro02&deptName=OIT
CrashPlan for Sub-Org Administrators – Request – reporter.ncsu.edu/link/courseview?courseID=OIT-CPlan1-CPlan1&deptName=OIT
Local Based Commercial Training – training.computertree.com/course/
JAMF Pro Training – www.jamf.com/training/
Service Updates – 15 min
Configuration Management – Jamf Pro V 10.9.0 update will be skipped due to issues with Sites and not being able to access new config profile form. We have requested a Hot Fix and await word from Jamf Support.
nccloudtest.jamfcloud.com running 10.10.0 for testing PLEASE TEST!
Jamf Pro 10.10.0 release notes
Also Service Now Discovery Plugin for JAMF Pro has been update to support Service Now London release. Have this working in ncsudev but still having issues accessing more than 1 Site at a time.
CommunityPatch server version 2 is stable. Have added some authors to nccloudtest. PLEASE TEST!
CrashPlan – running 6.5.2 in production. Changing to fully hosted model with SSO over next year but still working on plan. Will require a new full backup and a new client install (not automatic).
Internet Recovery – https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904 Command-Option-R to install latest version for hardware or Command-R to install currently installed version.
Software Packaging – autopkg-conductor is installed and working.
AntiMalware/Virus – MSSCEP is End Of Life by Microsoft and should be removed. There is a removal script in Jamf Pro named “Uninstall MS System Center Endpoint Protection (SCEP) for Mac” at nc.jamfcloud.com/scripts.html?id=1605.
DetectX Swift is now available and should be installed using the following two packages:
NCSU-Campus-DetectX_Swiftxxxx.pkg (were xxxx is a version number currently 1083)
For full details see oit.ncsu.edu/help-support/apple/jamf-pro/detectx-setup-in-jamf-pro/
Sensitive Data Discovery – NCSU-Campus-SpirionIdentityFinder1054.pkg
Apple School Manager – No changes of updates
AD Binding Issues Again this time with Configuration Profile – 5 min
Be aware that OIT is getting reports of binding loss again on 10.13 and 10.14 devices which were bound with a macOS configuration profile. It is possible that setting
##dsconfigad -passinterval 0 ##
May help but not confirmed. No follow up work is being done at this time. Discussion
DetectX picking up some Browser Malware – 5 min
Be aware OIT has seen 4 instances of browser malware and fake installers on macOS devices internally over the past week. Please check your reports in Jamf Pro. Discussion
Apple/Jamf IT Update– 5 min
On Mar 6, 2019 Apple and Jamf will give an “IT Update” event on NCSU campus.
Education IT Forum, Mobility Security and Scalability in the Enterprise
Wednesday, March 06, 2019 from 12:30 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
North Carolina State University
Coastal Ballroom at Talley Student Union (3rd floor)
12:30 to 4:00 p.m.
Presentations and discussion
4:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Interactive product demonstration
Q&A – 15 min
You ask we try to answer
MacPolicy – Tue. May 12, 2019 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 1:30-2:30 pm.
MacTech – Tue. Mar 14, 2019 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 2:30-4:30 pm.
MacPolicy – 2nd Tuesday each quarter in Feb, May, Sep, Nov.
MacTech – 2nd Tuesday each month: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
MacPolicy and MacTech do not meet in July.
Meetings usually held in B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
Please mark your calendar.