Enroll in free OIT workshops to learn about the exciting new features in Google Apps.
To register, visit REPORTER.
Upcoming training sessions include:
- Google Calendar: Advanced Productivity will be offered on Tuesday, July 16 and Aug. 13 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This workshop will focus on the new calendar interface, event details and calendar management. Specific features will include event attachments, maps and directions, sharing and embedding calendars, search options, and scheduling Hangouts video conferencing. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Report2Web Training will be offered on Tuesday, July 16 from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This course is intended for new and current users of Report2Web, a web-based enterprise report distribution, archival and retrieval solution for critical business documents. This course will show users how to navigate the application and find the reports for which they have access. Approvers will also learn how to approve reports. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Create, Collaborate & Get Organized with Google Drive will be offered on Wednesday, July 17 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. During this hands-on workshop, you will learn how to use Drive to manage your resources in a collaborative environment. Primary topics will include organizing files and folders, securing documents through file sharing permissions, group editing and collaboration, and using common tools throughout Google’s suite of apps. A brief introduction to Shared Drives will also be provided. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Introduction to Google Keep will be offered on Thursday, July 18 from noon to 1 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Google Keep makes it easy to organize your notes with color coding, labels and reminders. Join OIT Trainers for an introduction to this new G Suite core app and explore how to edit and create new notes in Google Docs, pin notes, organize Keep notes, record notes with voice dictation, transcribe text from images, and share and collaborate with others. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Gmail: Advanced Productivity will be offered on Thursday, July 25 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Building on Gmail: More Than Your Inbox, this advanced hands-on workshop takes Gmail to the next level. You will learn more about labels, filters, canned responses, scheduling Google Calendar Events and Hangouts, using Google Drive through Gmail, and any planned or newly released features. To register, visit REPORTER.
- G Suite Bootcamp will be offered on Thursday, Aug. 1 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Get in your best IT shape this year as OIT trainers lead you through a full-day course of G Suite apps, including additional features in My Drive, Shared Drive, Docs, Slides, Forms, Sheets, and Groups. This workshop will focus on intermediate functionality, including hands-on experiences. Refreshments and lunch will be provided. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Gmail: More Than Your Inbox will be offered on Tuesday, Aug. 6 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. There is more to Gmail than just composing, replying to and forwarding messages. This workshop will provide an in-depth overview of Gmail features, including an emphasis on labels and search tools, contacts management, chat, tasks, settings, labs, and new features. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Introduction to Hangouts Meet & Chat will be offered on Thursday, Aug. 8 from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology. Get to know Google’s newest tools for video conferencing, communication and collaboration. Hangouts Meet provides a user-friendly video conferencing experience while Chat replaces Google’s text-based messenger. Both provide a streamlined way to connect with people on campus or around the globe. Learn how to navigate the new interfaces, start or join a Meet video call, add sessions to calendar appointments, and create Chat Rooms. This session will focus on using Hangouts Meet & Chat on your laptop or desktop only. To register, visit REPORTER.
- What’s New in G Suite will be offered online via YouTube Live on Wednesday, Aug. 14 from noon to 1 p.m. Join us online for this YouTube Live event where OIT trainers will walk you through several exciting new features in Google Apps, including Slides, closed captions in slides present mode, chat, send later in Gmail, Drive priority, and images in Sheets. To register, visit REPORTER.
- Google Sheets will be offered on Thursday, Aug. 15 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Join us for this introduction to Google Sheets and learn how it integrates with other apps in Google Drive. We’ll also focus on several specific features including formatting options, data validation, basic functions, charts, and conditional formatting. To register, visit REPORTER.
- System Access Request Training (SAR) is now offered online. This training will provide an overview of the SAR application for campus requesters and approvers and will demonstrate how to submit a SAR request for different connected systems. Before registering, users are encouraged to review the SAR website for additional information. To register, visit REPORTER.
For a complete list of technology training opportunities, visit REPORTER.
For custom training, complete the Custom Training form and an OIT technology trainer will contact you to discuss options to meet your business needs.