The OIT Walk-In Center offers students one-on-one support for software, hardware, network connectivity, and Unity account issues. The Walk-in Center is located in the West Dunn Building, room 101. Specific issues that we support include:
- Hardware repair due to accidental damage or manufacturer defects
- Virus removal
- Software installation
- Two-Factor setup for Gmail and Duo
- Password resets and disabled accounts
For more advanced hardware repairs, technicians will be responsible for preparing machines to be shipped off for depot repair
The position requires great customer service skills as well as the ability to clearly communicate technical information to non-technical individuals. While an advanced level of general computing knowledge is desirable, a basic level of knowledge paired with a willingness and ability to learn new technical skills is all that is required.
Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment with a variety of personality types is essential as well.
- Provide general IT technical support to the NCSU students
- Provide courteous, consistent and professional customer service
- Escalate more complex support issues to appropriate technical support staff
- An understanding of, and commitment to, excellent customer service
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new situations and technologies
- General computing knowledge
- A problem-solving mindset
- Embracing of a collaborative, team environment
- A basic familiarity with the campus IT environment (preferred)
Salary and Hours
- The salary starts at $9.00 an hour, with performance reviews and possible raises occurring on a regular basis.
- Work hours are primarily Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; however, additional hours outside these times are sometimes required; for example, during move-in weekend in the fall.
How to Apply
Complete the online application form. Once completed, qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.