LAN (Local Area Network) Administrator List
- ComTech utilizes the following list to keep local IT support personnel up to date on projects and outages scheduled for campus buildings:
- This information is kept up to date by the individuals who support the campus resources. Vist the link below to update your information or be added to this list:
- Bluecat/Proteus (authorization required)
IP Address Management System used to register hosts on the network and manage DNS.
- Building List
Building name, abbreviation, number, and address.
- Firewall Request Tool
Used to request firewall rule changes.
- Host Finder
Collection of Device Location Tools for wired and wireless devices.
- iTRACS/Public PLA Ground (records)
Resource for NC State faculty and staff on the campus physical network infrastructure.
- Jack Exception Management System
Used to specify ports that are not disabled if idle.
- LAN Administrator List
Current list of LAN Administrators on campus.
Displays the IP address of your device.
- Nomad Registration Tool
Allows users to register devices on the Nomad wireless network and bypass manual sign in.
- Recently Disabled Ports
Displays ports on the network that have been disabled.
- Switch Admin Tool (restricted access)
Used to request VLAN, description, and other changes on managed switches.
- VPN Account Admin Tool
Used to lookup and edit VPN user groups or set a static user VPN IP.
- Unused IP Lookup Tool
Useful for determining unused IPs within a specified range.
- Scripts (restricted access)
Public tools and ComTech network staff tools
LAN Admin Presentations
- Data Network Presentations (opens in Google Drive)
Presentations at LAN Admin meetings
NAG (Network Administrators Group) List
- One of the best campus resources for technical support staff
- Has a broad audience
- Central discussion group for IT staff
- Many posts of general interest
- List name: nag
- List address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type: Discussion