Partners in Innovation: A Strategic Plan for IT at NC State, 2014-2020
NC State’s first unified IT Strategic Plan provides the blueprint needed to lead IT innovation and to fully engage campus stakeholders and partners in the process.
- provide the direction, tools and structure for the IT community to transform into an active and sought-after partner for creative solutions and efficient, effective services and support;
- address the IT-centric issues, needs and shared concerns required to weave technology into the fabric of the university; and
- deliver a unified and balanced approach to a diverse culture and distributed campus IT environment.
From student success to global engagement, information technology and the IT community need to directly support the university’s goals and its mission to unite its strength in science and technology with a commitment to excellence.
The IT Strategic Plan necessitates the sharing and efficient use of resources; the balancing of core, distributed and edge technology needs; and the active participation of the IT community to be integral members of IT projects, teams, departments, units and centers. In doing so, it frames the future campus IT infrastructure and positions the university to achieve its vision to emerge as a preeminent technological research university.
- Partners in Innovation: A Strategic Plan for IT at NC State (PDF version of full plan)
- IT Guiding Principles (one-sheet PDF)
- IT Goals and Strategies (one-sheet summary PDF)
- Interim Report – First-Round Initiatives – Spring 2018 (PDF)
The Implementation Process
Marc Hoit, Vice Chancellor for Information Technology and CIO, appointed Greg Sparks and a small group of campus representatives to facilitate the process of implementing the IT strategic plan. This group has worked with the IT governance groups and campus IT units to carry out the plan.
This site will also be used to provide updates on the implementation process.