- OIT Training Lab (Room 108)
- OIT Training Lab (Room 110)
DH Hill Library
- Login is required for all lab machines.
- The instructor and attendees can use their Unity accounts to access the lab machines.
- Beforehand, the instructor may log in the lab machines using the lab’s generic account (one per lab).
- A generic account does not have a Home directory.
- Logging in to the generic account gives you read-only access to files in the training labs file share.
- If you need write access, log in with your Unity account.
- Information about a generic account is posted at the teaching station in each lab.
Saving to a Unity account (recommended)
- If you will need your files later, be sure to save them to either of these locations:
- the lab machine’s My Documents folder, which puts them into your Unity Home folder
- a removable medium; e.g., USB drive
Saving to a generic account
- Files are saved to a temporary profile only.
- All saved files and setting changes will go away when you log out.
- To retrieve a file later, you must save it to a network drive or a removable medium; e.g., USB drive.
Saving to a lab machine
- Any file you save to a lab machine (e.g., its desktop, downloads folder) and any settings you change will be kept until the machine is re-installed.
- Before re-installation, you can retrieve them if you log back in to the same machine.