CAUTION: Following these instructions will leave you without antivirus protection.
To uninstall Kaspersky EndPoint Security from a Mac:
Do one of the following:
- Download and run the two removal applications from:
- To remove the application manually using the Terminal.app, copy and paste the following two commands:
sudo /Library/Application\ Support/Kaspersky\ Lab/KAV/Binaries/UninstallScript
sudo /Library/Application\ Support/Kaspersky\ Lab/klnagent/Binaries/UninstallScript
To uninstall a different antivirus program from a Mac:
- Close any open applications before you continue.
- From the website of the antivirus program’s manufacturer, download any available tool(s) for cleaning up your computer after that program has been uninstalled. You will be using this in Step 4 below.
- Use the uninstallation program or process recommended by the manufacturer of your antivirus program.
This is usually stored in the same folder as the antivirus program itself.
- Run the cleanup tool(s) you download in Step 2.
- Reboot your computer when the uninstall process is complete.