- Supported Environments
- Printer Requirements
- Requesting a Printer
- Printer Hookup
- Networking Fee
- Network Port
- Adding a Printer
- Naming Convention
- IP Address and Hostname
- Printer Object Configuration
- Access Control Lists
- PaperCut Support Information
- WolfPrint Contacts (limited access)
- WolfCopy approved
- Status retrievable by SNMP
- Page count retrievable with PJL commands
- Accept customized security and configuration settings
Submit a ServiceNow Incident to the WOLFCOPY workgroup for a new printer request.
- WolfCopy delivers, installs and supplies the network cable for the printer hookup.
- OIT is responsible for setting up network configurations and monitoring the printers’ status.
The customer is responsible for any fees associated with network installation and port activation.
- Each printer is required to have a dedicated network port configured on the printer VLAN.
Important: See Adding WolfCopy Printers, new changes effective Fall 2018.
- All lowercase
- Official NC State building abbreviation (linked to NC State Campus Map)
- Room number
- Queue ID
|Printer Type||Building Abbreviation||Room Number||Queue ID||Print Queue Name|
OIT will register the printers mac address for an IP address and hostname using NCSU’s Host Management Tool.
- Domain Name: wc.ncsu.edu
- MAC Pool: WolfCopy Printers
OIT’s recommended security settings are distributed by Access Control Lists (ACLs).