WinSCP, a graphical secure file transfer program, is already available in the Novell Application Launcher on the Windows workstations in Unity labs. You can also download a free copy and install it on your home computer. Here's how to use it:
- Download a copy from Software Download for WinSCP and save it to your Desktop. You will need to log in with your Unity ID and password in order to get to the download page..
- Double-click on the WinSCP.exe icon. This will make the appropriate changes to your registry. You may want to create a shortcut for the program and place it on your Desktop.
- When you open the program you should see the WinSCP Login window:
- For Host name, enter ftp.ncsu.edu
- For User name, enter your Unity ID.
- For Password, enter your Unity Password.
- In the drop-down menu for File protocol, select SFTP.
- Be sure that the Allow SCP fallback checkbox is marked.
- Optional: If you click on the Save button, you won't have to re-enter the Host name and user information each time you want to make a transfer to the same location.
- Once the information is entered and/or saved, click on the Login button.
If a warning window appears, click the Yes button.
- Now you can drag-and-drop files between your Unity file space and your computer.
If you need more help with file transfer, contact the NC State Help Desk.
Go to the Secure File Transfer main page.