You’ve waited a long time for the new Google Calendar and now it’s available in your NC State G Suite account. You can choose to opt-in now or continue with the current calendar view until Feb. 28, when Google Calendar will automatically transition to the new web interface.
Among its many features, the new Calendar offers:
- Side-by-side daily views to see the schedules of other Calendar users.
- The ability to add rich formatting and hyperlinks in the event description box.
- Event detail access (e.g., guest list, location, attachments) at a glance.
- A new “add event” button to quickly schedule an appointment or other task.
To use the new Google Calendar now:
- Select the blue “Use new Calendar” link in the top right hand corner of your Google Calendar.
- Select upgrade now.
OIT will offer training on the new Google Calendar starting in December. To register for a workshop, visit REPORTER.
For more information on the new interface, see:
- The new Google Calendar preview (YouTube video)
- G Suite Learning Center: Get Started with Calendar
- Learn What’s New in Google Calendar
Please direct any questions to the NC State Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919.515.4357 (HELP).