The following NC State regulations, rules and procedures apply to students when using the computing and data network resources provided by NC State. Colleges and departments may have additional rules and procedures for the acceptable use of their IT facilities and services.
The NC State Computer Use Regulation: This official regulation governs the acceptable use of the campus data network and computing resources for administrative, academic and personal use. Some of the regulation applies only to faculty and staff, who are state employees.
Antivirus Software Requirements: NC State Regulations require the use of approved antivirus software on all Windows and Macintosh computers connected to the NC State network. See http://www.ncsu.edu/antivirus.
Copyright Infringement Policy: See also the Illegal peer-to-peer file-sharing alert memo to students from Provost Arden, the NC State Copyright Infringement site and the Peer-to-Peer File Sharing site.
Rules and procedures for Unity accounts and other computing systems and services supported by OIT:
- Unity Computing Account Maintenance – Procedures for Student Accounts: Procedures for account creation and deactivation
- Computing Lab General Rules: For student computing facilities on campus
- Unity Locker Rental: procedures for obtaining additional Unity (AFS) file space
- www4.ncsu.edu Rules: Apply to personal (unofficial) Web pages published by NC State students, faculty, staff
- ResNet Terms and Conditions: These apply to student-owned computers on ResNet
See also tips for Safe Computing at NC State.
Official Policies, Regulations and Rules (PRR) Disclaimer:
This site contains information regarding policies, regulations and rules (PRRs) of North Carolina State University. To the extent of any conflict between the information on this site and the actual policy, regulation or rule, the actual policy, regulation or rule governs. NC State policies, regulations and rules can be found at the PRR website.