The Platform Compute Services(PCS) team is part of the Infrastructure Platform & Services unit within OIT Shared Services.
The PCS team provides virtual computing, centralized storage, enterprise virtualization, and backup services to campus units supporting NCSU students, faculty, and staff across campus and NCSU partners. PCS works closely with OIT teams, colleges, and campus departments to provide stable and resilient infrastructure to address the OIT mission and university strategic goals.
- Virtual Computing Lab
- Private cloud computing services, application delivery for faculty and students
- Enterprise Virtual Hosting Service
- General Storage Services
- Network Attached Storage(NAS) for departmental, home directories, and general network shares
- Block storage services for campus departments and units for virtual hosting service
- Consulting and departmental storage array management
- Data Protection solutions(backups) for:
- Virtual hosting service
- NAS storage services
- AFS / Auristor file system
- Enterprise Application Services environments and databases
- Physical servers located in OIT managed data centers
Contact via email@example.com