The Platform Compute Services (PCS) team is within the OIT Shared Services unit.
The PCS team provides virtual computing, centralized storage, enterprise virtualization, and backup services to campus units supporting NC State students, faculty, staff and partners.
PCS works closely with OIT teams, colleges and campus departments to provide stable and resilient infrastructure to address the OIT mission and university strategic goals.
- Virtual Computing Lab
- Private cloud computing services, application delivery for faculty and students
- Enterprise Virtual Hosting Service
- General Storage Services
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) for departmental, home directory and general network shares
- Block storage services for campus departments and units that have virtual hosting services
- Consulting and departmental storage array management
- Data Protection solutions (backups) for:
- Virtual hosting service
- NAS storage services
- AuriStor file system (formerly known as Andrew File System)
- Enterprise Application Services environments and databases
- Physical servers located in OIT managed data centers
Contact via email@example.com.