The WMS team is a member of the Middleware Services group in Shared Services, part of the Office of Information Technology here at North Carolina State University.
Our mission is to maintain the campus Active Directory Directory Services and the integrated Microsoft technologies based systems management infrastructure. We strive to provide reliable, secure, and scalable Active Directory / Microsoft based infrastructure solutions.
- Active Directory Directory Services – We maintain the AD directory service that is used for campus authentication, authorization of UnityID accounts for various campus systems such as Shibboleth and Active Directory Federated Services. We work closely with the Identity Management group to ensure that account information is properly provisioned to ADDS.
- Active Directory Public Key Infrastructure – We maintain the AD PKI infrastructure for TLS PKI certificates used for computer authentication and code signing.
- Office 365 – We maintain the authentication mechanism of NC State Office 365 to WolfTech AD, and work as the point of contact for any issues regarding Office 365 access.
- We provide Directory Services automation and integration middleware scripting services that interface with other campus information technology systems.
- Remote Desktop Services for departmental Windows Admins – We maintain an RDS environment with the common Windows administration tools available to campus Windows administrators in the various colleges, departments and other units on campus participating in the WolfTech AD environment.
- System Center Configuration Management – We maintain the SCCM infrastructure, and as part of the campus service groups, we support several of the services offered in the SCCM family of services, such as:
- Software deployment – Windows software packages installed via SCCM
- System Center Endpoint Protection – end node antivirus and malware protection
- Microsoft patching: Windows security and other Microsoft products
- Software license servers – We maintain several license servers for various software.
- Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring – We maintain the MBAM service which allows Windows admins to encrypt their system disk drives in a centrally managed way.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments via email@example.com.