OIT Walk-in Center
Computer support is offered in the West Dunn Building. Students can receive support in these areas:
- Operating system problems, including virus and spyware removal
- Software installation problems - Most software packages are easy to install. Walk-in Center staff are happy to help you if you encounter difficulty.
- Connectivity for users of ResNet and the campus wireless network
- Warranty and hardware repair for computers purchased through the NC State Bookstore
- Unity account issues (e.g., password reset, disabled account)
The Walk-in Center requires your Campus ID card in order to provide you with the highest possible customer service.
101 West Dunn Building
On the corner of Dan Allen Dr. and Thurman Dr.
Raleigh, NC 27695
Please note: Make sure you have at least 20 minutes to spend with a technician so we can properly diagnose your computer's problems.
Walk-in Fall/Spring Support Hours:
- Monday-Friday: 8am-7pm
- Saturday: Noon-5pm
- Sunday: Closed
Walk-in Summer Support Hours:
- Monday-Friday: 8am-5pm
- Saturday & Sunday: Closed
The Walk-in Center (WIC) is closed during all official University Holidays.
- If a university holiday falls on a Friday, the WIC will be closed Saturday as well.
- If a university holiday falls on a Monday, the WIC will be closed the Saturday before.
If classes are not in session (see university Calendars for dates), the Walk-In Center will close at 5pm.
On Saturdays and after 5:00 pm, please ring the doorbell to gain access to the West Dunn Building for computer help.
For assistance via phone or email, contact the NC State Help Desk. For in-person support, visit the Walk-in Center.