Help for Designers of Communications Infrastructure
This page is designed to provide information to architects, engineers, and contractors who are designing and installing communications infrastructure on the NC State campus.
New Campus Building Designs
All new university buildings are to be wired according to the University Wiring Standard (UWS) 3.0. Existing buildings which are being completely rewired should also be wired using this standard.
Note: Multi-tenant buildings on Centennial Campus are treated somewhat differently. See Centennial Campus Guidelines.
Existing Campus Building Designs
- UWS 2.0 – Academic/Administrative buildings and residence halls wired 1999 – 2010
- UWS 2.0 – Detail drawing downloads (with photos)
- UWS 1.2 – Academic/Administrative buildings wired prior to 1999
- UWS 1.3 – Residence halls and Greek houses wired prior to 1999
- Duct bank Project Details
Note: Multi-tenant buildings on centennial campus are treated somewhat differently. See Centennial Campus Guidelines.
History of Wiring Standards at NC State.
Please let us know what you think. Is there information we have not provided that could be of use to you? You can email questions and comments to Ed Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org