OIT’s Unity computer labs are equipped with Windows and Macintosh workstations. Each workstation provides internet access, a wide variety of software applications, and access to university computing resources. For more help with workstations at NC State, see:
- Windows Workstations in Unity Computer Labs
- Mac OS X Workstations in Unity Computer Labs
- Linux Workstations in Unity Computer Labs
- OIT uses Dell and Apple computer hardware in its Unity labs.
- Each PC workstation is equipped with a 23-inch LCD flat-panel monitor, along with DVD-RW/CD-RW optical drive and easily accessible USB ports.
- Mac users will find each lab equipped with at least one 21.5-inch Intel-based iMac.
- Each workstation is installed with an assortment of commonly-used commercial and freeware applications, including current versions of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, web browsers, instant messaging clients, mathematics and modeling packages, GIS and map software, and much more.
- Each Unity Lab is equipped with at least one black and white printer.
- Some labs may also have a color printer.
- These printers are provided by WolfCopy and use the WolfPrint service.
The current per-page charge for printing in the Unity Labs:
- Black & white $0.10
- Color $0.25
- Duplex and 11×17 (where available)
- Black & white $0.20
- Color $0.50
NOTE: Before you can print, you must have funds in your AllCampus account or print credit in PaperCut.
To learn more about printing in Unity labs, visit WolfPrint.
- Remember to always log out of your account when you finish a computing session.
- If you don’t log out, other users will have access to your account, file space, print quota and email.
- For Windows or Macintosh workstations, log out by clicking on the Logoff or Log Out icon on the desktop.