Skip to content
- Your Computer at NC State
Before you buy, be sure to read our recommendations for student computers.
- Managed Desktops
OIT provides a managed desktop environment for campus staff and faculty. The service includes:
- installation, configuration, and management of desktop workstations and laptops
- administrative and personal productivity applications
- analysis and enhancement of business processes to increase effectiveness
- Software Licensing
Many popular applications are available to the NC State community through OIT.
- Unity Computer Labs
OIT supports seven public Unity computer labs, which are open to all NC State students, faculty, and staff with active Unity accounts.
- Combined Pricing Initiative (CPI) at NC State
- NC State is required to participate in the UNC Combined Pricing Initiative (CPI).
- This purchase program covers desktop and laptop PCs.
- Apple computers are not a part of the program, but a quarterly bulk purchase program is available for most Apple purchases through the NC State MarketPlace.