The links below are to topics that are primarily for OIT staff; e.g., OIT internal operating procedures.
For more general topics, use one or more of these search boxes:
- At the top of this page for the OIT site
- On the main NC State University page
- On the main Human Resources page
Instead of scrolling, use your Web browser’s “Find” feature as follows:
- Hold down the Control key (PC) or Apple key (Mac).
- Press the letter F key.
- Release both keys.
- Type the desired topic’s key word(s) to search for.
If found, the word(s) will be highlighted.
- To find the next occurrence of the same word(s), press the Enter/Return key.
- Accident, work-related injury or illness. See Worker’s Compensation
- Account Rename Procedure and Exception Process (OIT)
- Accountants. Business Services
- Accounts Payable (amounts under $5,000)
- Accounts Payable (requisitions over $5,000). See Purchasing and Receiving.
- Accounts Receivable
- Active Directory Group Policy changes to the OIT OU: Subscribe to oit_ad_info to be notified.
- Adverse Weather policies
- Adverse Weather Procedures
- OIT Critical Functions (IT applications, IT infrastructure)
- OIT Staffing Guidelines for University Closing and Adverse Weather
- University Official Holidays and Closings
- AFS Path for a URL
- Annual Reports
- Awards for Excellence. NC State University Awards for Excellence
- Bookkeepers. Business Services
- Building liaisons
- Business Services
- Capital Asset Management System (CAMS) contact
- Certification Reimbursement Policy
- OIT Change Management
- Closing, University. University Official Holidays and Closings
- Compensatory Time (Comp Time) Policy
- Computer use
- ComTech warehouse contact
- Conference rooms
- Confidential Counseling. See Faculty & Staff Assistance Program.
- Conflicts of Interest and Conflicts of Commitment
- Critical functions (OIT), including IT applications, IT infrastructure
- Data Center
- Development. Office of Professional Development
- Direct Deposit Update/Change (PDF)
- Downloadable Resources
- Dress code. Work attire
- Electric vehicles
- Email. See Gmail.
- Email signature
- Public Records – Approved university email tag line
- See also Section 2.13 of REG 08.00.02 – Computer Use Regulation concerning employees’ email signature lines.
- Emergency: 911
- Emergency Power Off (EPO) switch
- Employee IT Use, Rules & Regulations for
- Employee Orientation Checklist, for new OIT staff
- Employee Separation Checklist (PDF)
- Employee Separation Checklist, Transfer (PDF)
- Family and Medical Leave
- Financial Information and Resources. See Faculty & Staff Assistance Program.
- Furlough implementation (PDF) memorandum
- Guidelines to Implement the OIT Strategic Operating Plan (PDF)
(Version 1.1, March 26, 2014. To be updated based upon feedback and suggestions.)
- Hillsborough Building
- For non-urgent building liaison issues
(e.g., heating, cooling, plumbing issues in restrooms, break rooms, proximity card access, metal door keys):
- For receptionist issues
(e.g., requesting parking permit for guest, expecting small package via UPS, FedEx or USPS, expecting guest to arrive in the lobby):
- If immediate attention is needed, call:
- Dana Strickland 5-5437
- Operations (24/7): 919-515-5500
- For non-urgent building liaison issues
- Hiring Process for OIT With Onboarding Center (PDF)
- Holidays. University Official Holidays and Closings
- Human Resources contacts for OIT units
- ID. Unity credentials
- Illness or work-related injury. See Worker’s compensation.
- Incident Communications Procedures
- Incident, Reporting an IT Security
- Incident Reporting Procedures
- Insurance contact for OIT equipment & vehicles
- Legal Support and Resources. See Faculty & Staff Assistance Program.
- Letterhead. OIT Letterhead
- Logos. See OIT logos/wordmarks.
- Long distance calls.
If you need a code to call long distance from your office phone, contact April Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meeting rooms. Conference Room and Lab Scheduling
- Metrics. OIT Metrics
- Mobile devices
- New OIT employee. Employee Orientation Checklist
(copy and customize for individual position)
- Office supplies – contact your manager or the person designated by your Director
- OIT Account Rename Procedure and Exception Process
- OIT-branded slides templates
- OIT logos/wordmarks
- OIT News (latest news)
- OIT Units
- On-call communication devices. Mobile Communication Device Policy (requires authentication)
- Organizational Resilience
- Orientation checklist for new OIT employees. Employee Orientation Checklist
- Overtime. Compensatory Time (Comp Time) Policy
- Password. See Unity credentials.
- People in OIT
- Photos. OIT Photo Gallery (SmugMug)
- Police. NC State University Police Department
- Emergency: 911
- Non-emergency: 919.515.3000
- PPM Steering Team
- Presentations (templates and images). OIT Downloadable Resources
- Problem in the Hillsborough Building: see Hillsborough Building
- Professional Development. Office of Professional Development
- Project Management. See Project Portfolio Services.
- Proximity card procedures and contacts
- Reimbursement. Travel Reimbursement Authorization (PDF)
- Report a problem in the Hillsborough Building. See Hillsborough Building.
- Reporting an IT Security Incident
- Reports. Annual Reports
- Responding to an incident (e.g., service outage, degradation)
- Scheduling meeting and conference rooms. Conference Room and Lab Scheduling
- Security Incident, Reporting an IT
- Security on campus. Police
- Separating Employees
- Separation Checklist (PDF). For employee and department representative
- Separation Checklist, Transfer Employee (PDF). For employee and department representative
- Service Planning. OIT Service Planning
- Shopping Cart. See PCR contact in OIT.
- Signature, email. See Section 2.13 of REG 08.00.02 – Computer Use Regulation.
- Slide templates (G Suite). See OIT-branded slides templates.
- Solicitors. Telephone Solicitations from Vendors
- Staff List for OIT. People in OIT
- Staffing Guidelines for University Closing and Adverse Weather (OIT)
- Status, Notification of university (e.g., closing). See Adverse Weather. Scroll down to “Notification.”
- Strategic Planning. University IT Strategic Planning – Process Team Meetings
- Supplies (Office supplies). Contact your manager or the person designated by your Director.
- Surplus contact in OIT
- Teams (Cross-functional Teams)
- Telephone Solicitation from Vendors
- Templates (G Suite). OIT-branded Slides Templates
- Temporary Employees
- Timesheets. See WolfTime.
- Town Hall Meetings
- Training (Professional development). Office of Professional Development
- Transfer Employee Separation Checklist (PDF)
- Tuition Waiver. Faculty/Staff Tuition Waiver Regulations
- Unity credentials
- Unity ID. Unity credentials
- Unity password. Unity credentials
- University closing. University Official Holidays and Closings
- University holidays. University Official Holidays and Closings
- University operational status (e.g., closing), notification of. See Adverse Weather.
- URL path. AFS Path for a URL
- Word logos. See OIT logos/wordmarks.
- Work attire
- Work-Life Solutions. See Faculty & Staff Assistance Program.
- Work-related injury or illness. See Worker’s Compensation.
- Worker’s Compensation